More threads by Wary Goose

Wary Goose

Solutions
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that the desktop Google Maps URL's aren't working? I'm seeing Maps "Redirect Notices" on all profile pages of two separate GMB/GBP enterprise-level accounts. Looks like it's back after being resolved awhile ago: Google Maps displaying redirect notice alerts when users click on business website URLs And here's a recent Google Maps Help thread: Google maps still shows redirect notice in 2021 - Google Maps Community

There's a thread back in 2020 about this issue: "Redirect Notice" in Google causing Toxic Link issue in Tools One of my clients is concerned as clicks are tanking; they only asked about the Kenilworth facility in the example below, but all locations will now be affected.

Both clients use UTMs for their Search/Maps website URLs. As an example, When I hover over the website link in Maps Self Storage Plus · 1325 Kenilworth Avenue Northeast, Washington, DC 20019 ("Booking Link" seems to be unaffected, even with a UTM used) and then click on it, I am given a "Redirect Notice" such as: The previous page is sending you to https://www.selfstorageplus.com/loc...mpaign=google-my-business&utm_term=Kenilworth. If you do not want to visit that page, you can return to the previous page.

Redirect Notice URL looks like this: Redirect Notice

Clicking on the "Open website" icon works OK, but loads really slow.

I've updated Chrome. Not fixed. I've scanned my desktop using Chrome's "Safety Check". Nope. Cleared Google Account Web & App Privacy. Nope. Incognito Mode? Nope. Cleared Browsing History. Nope. Anyone have any idea what is going on? THANK YOU in advance.

Last edited:
I'm able to replicate exactly what you're seeing as well. I'll bring it up to Google. Thanks for flagging!

You also mentioned clicks are tanking already. Do you have a screenshot of that that you can share?

Thank you for looking into this Joy! I've asked the client if she can provide any specifics; here's a screenshot from Kenilworth's Insights.

1637155054730.jpg

And I've noticed that the "Booking" link URL is also affected.

You can let them know that this shouldn't be impacting views whatseover. That metric doesn't track how many people click on the website button. I would keep an eye on the website clicks under actions.

You can let them know that this shouldn't be impacting views whatseover. That metric doesn't track how many people click on the website button. I would keep an eye on the website clicks under actions.
Looks to be something that happened recently.
1637155933520.jpg

If you are UTM tagging your GBP button link take a look at it in Google Analytics.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom