More threads by JoyHawkins

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
I wanted to share this with you all. Recently I told a client to set up the GMB messaging feature by downloading the GMB app (since I can't set it up for him). He did but never got the test message I sent him, despite the button being on the listing and not giving me, as the user, any type of error message.

I asked Google about it at LocalU and they told me that this is a known issue with any listing that is in a Google My Business account with location groups. AKA all our clients and likely all yours as well. Ugh. o_O

Too unreliable and restrictive to use or recommend for most clients.

Aside: There was a middleman website chat tool (ApexChat) that should've worked with GMB chat too but when we tried to set it up for the client the verification texts from Google were never sent to the SMS number that ApexChat provided. When I got a response from GMB support on the issue, all they could tell me was that the setup was "unsupported" with no further details. ApexChat was quite unhappy to hear this because that had been an advertised feature for them.

Mihm and Blumenthal just talked about GMB messaging. This was my take away:

msging-is-coming-gmbsendsmostleads.png

Will 2019 Be Remembered as the Year of GMB Messaging?

One of my clients message icon isn't showing up even after turning the messaging option on. Anyone else seen this issue?

Is the client inside a Location Group in your GMB account?

Hello, I hope you don't mind me bumping this thread, but I still have issues with messaging and the GMB app.

I made a Tattoo Artist install the app for her Tattoo Parlour Listing, we enabled the messaging option, for some days (at the start) it worked properly, and now all messages have gone, and while trying to send one with one of my accounts to check if it arrives, it does not.

So... unless you recommend me to be patient, I am going to deactivate this feature. More buggy than anything else.. what is your opinion?

Hello, I hope you don't mind me bumping this thread, but I still have issues with messaging and the GMB app.

I made a Tattoo Artist install the app for her Tattoo Parlour Listing, we enabled the messaging option, for some days (at the start) it worked properly, and now all messages have gone, and while trying to send one with one of my accounts to check if it arrives, it does not.

So... unless you recommend me to be patient, I am going to deactivate this feature. More buggy than anything else.. what is your opinion?

Inside your agency account, is she listed under a location group?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom