More threads by bailey_t

bailey_t

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been seeing that a lot of my client's GMB product photos are going from being photos to errors. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Is it a Google Bug or maybe a sizing error on my side? If anyone knows of any threads/articles addressing this issue I would love them to provide my AMs with :)

image (11).png

Hello Bailey

Google states " Photos must be formatted correctly, not contain prohibited words, and not be duplicates of photos that are already attached to your listing. The preferred photo for a listing must be either “Logo” or “Cover”.

When adding a photo to your location on your spreadsheet, keep in mind the following guidelines:
  • Photos must be in one of these formats: JPG, PNG, TIFF, BMP.
  • Each photo must be smaller than 5MB.
  • We recommend adding photos that are larger than 720 x 720 pixels and smaller than 3000 x 3000 pixels.
  • The longer dimension of the photo should be no more than twice the shorter dimension. Landscape photos look better than portrait photos on Google products.
  • Each location can have no more than 25 additional photos.
  • The photo should be in focus, well-lit, have no photoshop alterations, and no excessive use of filters. The image should represent reality.
If your photos don't fit these standards, we may not be able to display them on Google products.

Looks like a bug if they were there and now are gone. Have you tried resetting the image by removing it from the product and re-adding it?

Looks like a bug if they were there and now are gone. Have you tried resetting the image by removing it from the product and re-adding it?
a few yes - from what I have seen they have stuck im just worried that it might revert back to being an error the moment i stop checking

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom