More threads by aaronb

aaronb

Reaction score
We have a client that has moved their business location and is trying to update their GBP to the new address. The problem we keep running into is that even after having the verification postcard sent out and their listing fully verified with the new address, Google will revert the listing to their old address. Has anyone dealt with this issue before and what could be our next steps? My guess is that I will have to try to reach out to Google Support for help but would love to not have to start down that rabbit hole. Since "Google support". is an absolute joke. Thanks!

@aaronb, to what extent have you also updated the address on the website and on the non-Google listings (i.e. citation sources)? Those influence whether and when an address change will stick.

@aaronb, to what extent have you also updated the address on the website and on the non-Google listings (i.e. citation sources)? Those influence whether and when an address change will stick.

Phil,

We have updated the website and the main citations for the business. We even had the postcard sent out and the new address verified on the GBP. Within an hour that address was crossed out and the old address in Orange from Google. We were never able to see the change live on Google either. The only other item we have found in digging is a recently created GBP listing with the new address that is unverified. The business owners are not sure who created it as they did not have control of it. I went in yesterday to claim that one but we are waiting to verify it to see options. My thinking is that we could verify it and then remove that listing then the correct one might get the address fully pulled through from Google? Let me know your thoughts on all this? Thanks!

So, we have now verified this listing by postcard twice. Each time within a couple of hours Google pushes the orange edit that is the old address and then reverts it back fully on the listing within a couple of days of the verification. We have updated all citations, website, etc We also have business licenses and documents we can provide. They are in the sister companies name though. That company needs to move as well. It is a hearth store and the main one I am tied up with Google support is a chimney company. We have been trying to get the new address for the chimney company done first. I don't even see where I can provide the business license and lease payment info to Google for the other company. Would I have to try and update with a postcard for them first? Please any help or escalation with Google to get these companies the correct moved address with be amazing. Both are having trouble with customers getting angry because they went to the old location. etc

Help from anyone else in the forum on that would be appreciated. Thanks.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom