More threads by Vijay Marathe

Reaction score
Hello all,

How do we create a Google Places listing for a real estate agent who has the same address as that of their principal, but not the same phone number? As far as I have learnt, Google will merge the two listings or the SEO efforts would not at all be effective from the real estate agent's perspective.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Vijay

Hi Vijay,

Linda has a ton of great advice on these practitioner type scenarios.

As long as the phone number is different you will have a chance at survival and not merging with the main company listing.

Try to target categories that are different from the main listing as much as possible. Make sure the agents listing has a unique website or at least uses the page that has his contact info.

---------- Post Merged at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Check this thread out:

Multiple Agents/Professionals @ Same Location - Google Places Best Practice Tips

Thanks, Colan, I will try that and keep the forum posted on how it goes.
Also, thanks for the link to Linda's post on a similar subject.

So I have gone ahead and created a Google Places listing as well as a Google Map Maker listing (verbatim). I will be back here with the results after a couple of weeks, when the Google Places listing gets verified.

I have observed Map Maker as being a more effective 'back end' to the Google Places listing rather than the actual Google Places dashboard so I usually create a Map Maker listing simultaneously with the Google Places listing.

Is it not the right way?

Please advise!

Whoa, have never heard of that. Seems to me it could cause a problem or possible dupe or something. When you create a listing in the dashboard it will automatically get into MM.

Maybe somehow I'm out of the loop or missed a trick somewhere but again have never heard of anyone doing this and think it could possibly hurt more than help.

Gregg or Andrew, our resident G Maps experts will likely see this and weigh in. Or anyone else please feel free as well.

I have observed Map Maker as being a more effective 'back end' to the Google Places listing rather than the actual Google Places dashboard so I usually create a Map Maker listing simultaneously with the Google Places listing.

Is it not the right way?

Please advise!
Please post a link to the two features. I would never advise doing what you did as it has the potential to create duplicates and potentially merge the G+ Local page and GMM feature and then you have a swapping effect, ie you've claimed the inferior MapMaker feature that points to the main feature. When creating a MapMaker feature it has to be approved so you're going to have it denied by a Google employee under their new reviewing guidelines or asked to have it undone if the Places feature is live.

If your going to claim the feature I'd suggest doing it in Places and then checking the data in MapMaker after it propagates (takes minutes to hours, your milage may vary). Otherwise create the feature in MapMaker. Duplicates are bad and I fear you may be playing with fire with your method.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom