More threads by avanahall

Reaction score
I have a question --

Our Places was taken down because we didn't hide our address. After doing what we where supposed to do - it stayed gone and in limbo for a long time.

We deleted it and started a new one - got the postcard, put in the pin and it went to "Pending Review" ... So it is been pending for probably 5 weeks. When I email support I do not hear back.

I spoke with a Local Search pro today and he brought my issue up to someone he knows in Google - he told me that I should once again - unhide my address so the listing gets approved and then go back and hide it.

He seems to say and think that becuase I have my address hidden - it wont get out of review status.

I dont know about that and hate to mess anything up.

Any wisdom? :confused:

I spoke with a Local Search pro today and he brought my issue up to someone he knows in Google - he told me that I should once again - unhide my address so the listing gets approved and then go back and hide it.

He seems to say and think that becuase I have my address hidden - it wont get out of review status.

That sounds like a bad idea to me. I would personally never advise going against Google's guidelines, especially if they are reviewing your listing. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Have you checked to see if the listing is live? Pending status can appear in the account even when the listing has gone live.

That sounds like a bad idea to me. I would personally never advise going against Google's guidelines, especially if they are reviewing your listing. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Have you checked to see if the listing is live? Pending status can appear in the account even when the listing has gone live.

Yes - it sounds bad to me too. It is not live. I check every morning.

What type of business is it? What industry?

We deleted it and started a new one -

Did you contact Google Support after hiding your address? If so, what and when was the last communication you received?

Did they tell you to delete and create new listing? Even if they did, it sounds like your original listing issue was never resolved. Creating a new listing is not going to fix your problem.

You need to contact Google Support and ask them to manually review your listing so it can be re-instated. Since the original has been deleted, I don't know exactly what they'll do on the backend... maybe merge the two.

Here is the link to Support, be sure to log in to the Google account used to manage your listing first, select the last option and wait.

My listing has incorrect information. - Places for business Help

I have done that ... but I have what I hope is VERY good news! We got a call from Someone in Google Maps today and they said they were verifying our address and that was the last step and that we should see it up tomorrow :rolleyes:

I hope it was not too got to be true.

UPDATE:

REALLY WEIRD -- since the call from Google our "Service customers at their location" has been UNCHECKED!!??

I have a snapshot of our places the Same day just hours before their call and this morning it was unchecked and the we provide service at our location was checked.

What the heck is going on? Can people be bought-off at Google to mess with your listing?

REALLY weird is right.

I've seen something similar reported at the Google forum.

Hide address again so when you come up for review you are in compliance.

BUT SAVE SCREENSHOT again and document all of this including dates in case you need it.

Is your listing still LIVE? Have you searched for it on maps with phone in this format? (555) 222-3333

If so please provide link I want to check some things.

Thanks Linda!!!
It is not live

I have attached a pdf screenshot.

Attachments

• Googleplaces 2-24.pdf
    405.2 KB · Views: 815
Thanks for screenshot.

You have other problems that need to be cleaned up too. SOME of these issues COULD all by themselves cause pending EVEN IF the problem was not hidden address.

I believe hidden address is the MAIN issue so fixing the stuff I recommend, MAY NOT pull you out of pending, BUT it's all best practice stuff that will help your listing look in compliance and less spammy when a Googler reviews it.

1) When you say you DELETED the other listing. Did you delete from account so it's no longer in dash?

2) Description - DO NOT REPEAT YOUR NAME WHICH ALSO REPEATS YOUR KEYWORDS. Also you can't put all Words In Caps Like This. (Those thing alone can send you to pending.) Redo with plain sentence and NO KWs for now. Just something like "We provide quality, affordable on-time service."

3) You have a bunch of category violations and spammy repetition. For now just to get out of pending only use ONE default category. Plumber or whatever default cat fits best. Right now cats dont matter cuz listing is DEAD. Just need to get back in after review. But IF YOU EVER ADD cats you need to read the guidelines. You have violations.

4) As precaution delete all the brands from more details section. Just delete that whole field as it does not show anyway.

NOTE: Out of THOUSANDS of listings I've seen or helped with that were deleted for the hide your address rule I have only seen ONE that ever was able to create new listing that went live. SOOOOO none of this may help. But all you can do at this point is clean it up. Get in compliance and hope for the best.

Need to read and abide by the guidelines: Google Places quality guidelines

Linda,

Thank you for the feedback - I will go through each one and make the changes you have suggested.

The one that got initially got taken down we deleted - it can not be seen on my dashboard.

We made a new one - went through all the steps. Got the card in the mail and put the pin in and went strait to pending.

So what are you suggesting to those who have lost their places if no one can get it back up?

DONE! Made all the changes - now any recommendations on how to get them to review again? If they reviewed and rejected - wouldn't have changed from Pending?

If you had never deleted it then I would have recommended DON'T delete and start over. Because best bet is to wait in the Q to see if they can/will review the original listing. But since you've deleted it that's no longer an option.

Have you contacted support via troubleshooter yet? (Sorry I'm under the gun w PC probs and no time to re-read or keep going back and forth.)

If you have NOT - then I'd clean everything up. Wait 2 more weeks. Then try #2 here.
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/business/SffU131-xg0

I have done that ....

When I asked if you submitted a request for manual review for THIS listing, you replied that you had.

If so, how long ago? Did you receive the auto-reply? Did you receive an email from a member of the Places Team? What was the last message your received? When, from whom?

WoooooooHoooooooo!!! Its up!!!!! And the 12 reviews are there!!
Thanks for all your help.

Running into the same issue myself. I've had to get my attorney involved, because according to Google, I DID NOT violate their terms. I'm a handyman service. Of course I serve people at THEIR locations. How could I serve them at mine?

Hi Choice,

Sorry you are having problems too.

Did you have your dashboard set to "Do Not Show Address" in the service area section? Because that's likely the problem.

And I don't think your attorney can help as it's a free service and G clearly state they can remove listings they don't think meet the guidelines.

But if you want us to try to help, please start a new thread in the Help & Support section of the forum. And read the sticky on top about the rules for that forum. It includes the details we'll need to see in order to try to help you.

Free or not, I fixed the problem. Removal should've never been an option. It's been up there without issue for over 4 months, then they snatch it down and my business takes a massive hit. I haven't had a job in over 2 weeks. I was operating according to their rules. Instead of THEM changing it, they remove it? They know I'm a handyman service and the removed me WITHOUT warning. I'm going to be homeless because they're infallible? That was their move, not mine. I've had issue before with Yelp!, but not even they went this far.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom