More threads by Mike Pedersen

@Mike: The best thing to do is....:

- On your Google+ Profile, ("contributer to" section)....link it directly to your Home page. (NOT any subpages, like About etc)

- On your website, make sure it is linking to your Google+ Profile - - It doesen't seem to matter if it's directed at the "about" section or "posts" section.

Mine is https://plus.google.com/100963010399819888659/about?rel=author

So, as you can see, the link points to the "about" section (of G+ Profile), and it works fine. The important thing is to get the link in the footer.

Give that a try and then use the Google Rich Snippet Testing tool - let me know how it goes!

@Nick:

I noticed your link to your site in the Contributor section is not a homepage link. t's like .../author/vivace119

Can you tell me what that link is?

Thanks,
Mike

@Mike: The best thing to do is....:

- On your Google+ Profile, ("contributer to" section)....link it directly to your Home page. (NOT any subpages, like About etc)

- On your website, make sure it is linking to your Google+ Profile - - It doesen't seem to matter if it's directed at the "about" section or "posts" section.

Mine is https://plus.google.com/100963010399819888659/about?rel=author

So, as you can see, the link points to the "about" section (of G+ Profile), and it works fine. The important thing is to get the link in the footer.

Give that a try and then use the Google Rich Snippet Testing tool - let me know how it goes!

@Mike - Ah yes, I see what you mean. This could get confusing.

Basically, there are lots of methods of implementing authorship. See this post here to understand what I mean:

The Definitive Guide To Google Authorship Markup

Prior to using my "basic" method, I used the method of linking to my "author" page. And that seems to be left over from the G+ profile. However, now, my author archives redirect to my home page anyway.

Anyway, I've tested the method of linking to the home page (on clients websites) and it does work. It's only an exception where mine is linking to my (old) author page (that now 301 redirects to my home page anyway).

Hope that helps!

Okay, made the changes and it's verified. But...it was verified the other way too and still not showing authorship in the results.

We'll see if this makes a difference. Thanks!

BTW, it did say something like Publisher not verified. Do I need to do that too? When I started to check it, it said something like check with a google consultant first.

Dang Google! They don't make anything easy.

MIke

@Mike - Ah yes, I see what you mean. This could get confusing.

Basically, there are lots of methods of implementing authorship. See this post here to understand what I mean:

The Definitive Guide To Google Authorship Markup

Prior to using my "basic" method, I used the method of linking to my "author" page. And that seems to be left over from the G+ profile. However, now, my author archives redirect to my home page anyway.

Anyway, I've tested the method of linking to the home page (on clients websites) and it does work. It's only an exception where mine is linking to my (old) author page (that now 301 redirects to my home page anyway).

Hope that helps!

Yeah, i wouldn't worry too much about that Mike. With my clients, it's worked as long as you get the "Verified" confirmation, and you see the thumbnail of the photo.

In terms of "When" it starts working, I've seen it work in as little as 2 days, to as long as 2 weeks. Also, test out different things like "branded search" and test out on multiple browsers. Overall though, there will be a bit of waiting.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom