standenman

Banned
Reaction score
I am a social security disability attorney in Dallas. A person can be found disabled for any legitimate medical condition/disease, and I have found a combination of "social security disability" and name of the disease. For example, "social security disability and Lupus". I am finding that this combination results in a number 1 for a site called disabilitysecrets. What is interesting is that there is a paragraph of text above the site listing that has been pulled from the page.

how in the world did they get that free text?

standenman

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. So google has pulled the quick box answer from a competitor, but it is not entirely clear that brings them any benefit. The text is not a hyperlink, and it is seperated enough from the site just below that it is not clear at all that the "answer" has come from that site. And for example, for the search term "social security disability fibromyalgia" in Dallas TX I sit "atop" the quick answer text with my adword ad. Though there is more space between my ad and the quick answer, I could see searchers thinking that text "belongs" to me, giving me more credibility. Answer throughts? Linda, what do you think?

Reaction score
Someone with a better memory than me will have to chime in with the article (or one that's like the one I'm thinking of) to back up this statement, but I seem to remember seeing a few months back a study around answer box traffic, pointing to it as being on par with a first rank in the organic spot. I think it's very safe to assume that getting an answer box up there is worthwhile, especially since the link right below answer box answers is in fact a hyperlink (not sure how you're seeing it in a way where it's not? Are you sure you saw that right?)

As far as whether or not an answer box answer being below your adword listing might increase the credibility of your ad... wishful thinking in my opinion, but you never know.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Discrepancy in Google SERP Info Local Reviews 2
C Google is testing links upon title in SERP Organic SEO 6
vivekrpatel Google is not showing aggregate rating on SERP Local Reviews 6
chrish Local 3 Pack listing in Google SERPS Local Search 3
L Tracking click throughs from Google local SERP listing by adding UTM tag in site URL Local Search 7
Digitaldar How to trigger G+ (GMB?) box on right side of Google SERP for non branded search? Local Search 3
J New Free Google Title Tag Tool for May 2016 SERP Update Local SEO Tools & Software 7
James Watt Google SERPs Display Changes - Some that Affect Local Google My Business & Google Maps 6
P Google no longer shows ads on right side, adds another ad spot to the top of the SERP Local Search 1
C Google Testing New Local SERP Format? Google My Business & Google Maps 8
Linda Buquet Google+ Links & Reviews Stripped from the Branded SERPs Now Too Google My Business & Google Maps 3
K Google Testing 100% Pay-To-Play Nearby Local Business Ads At Top of SERPs Paid Search and Local Service Ads 20
Linda Buquet Google Partnering with Demandforce to Test Appointment Scheduling Right in the SERPs Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Linda Buquet Images in the Local SERPs - 2 More New Google Local Displays Being Tested Google My Business & Google Maps 15
L Recent Google SERP's from Mobile Mobile & Social 0
Linda Buquet GEO SERP Screenshot Tracking Tool - ADVANCED Google Local Ranking Troubleshooting Local SEO Tools & Software 16
Linda Buquet Attorney Spam Back in the LA SERPs - Raises Google Local Questions Google My Business & Google Maps 5
K Google indicating mobile friendly sites in SERPS Mobile & Social 3
Dustybones Google SERPS showing zipcodes Local Search 0
Linda Buquet Google Local SERP Layout Changes Coming? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
M Google Places Wrong Address Been Displayed On Serp Results! Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Dustybones Heat Map Study 2014: The evolution of Google's SERPS Local Search 5
Margaret Ornsby Tools for Tracking Google SERPs and 7 Pack Changes Local SEO Tools & Software 7
Linda Buquet Gaming Google+ Local: Analysis From 170k SERPs - SEMrush Blog Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Linda Buquet Whoa. Google Local SERPS Map Drop - Is this a Test or a Glitch? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
F New Look to Google SERPS? Local Search 20
Dustybones New Google SERP Feature Graph Local Search 4
Dustybones Missing "Review Stars" in Google SERPS Local Search 2
Colan Nielsen Google Local SERP Update: Old Pack Algo & Doubles Google My Business & Google Maps 50
Dustybones "Google + Page" Link in Serps Defaulting to YouTube Tab Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Linda Buquet New - Directory Links in the Google Local SERPs Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Linda Buquet Google+ Widget Showing up Right in Google SERPs Sidebar Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Nick Rink New Google+ reviews popup appearing in the SERPs Google My Business & Google Maps 10
Linda Buquet Animated Google+ Image Spotted in Google Map SERPs - Thumbs Up or Down? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Linda Buquet Google Review Stars Back in the SERPs - Spotted in the Wild - Testing 123 Launch! Google My Business & Google Maps 20
Linda Buquet Google+ Business Images in the Local SERPs - New and HOT for Local! Google My Business & Google Maps 15
Colan Nielsen Local SERP's Now Pointing To Google Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 21
Eric Rohrback Changes to Places Search & Google SERPs Display Google My Business & Google Maps 50
David Deering New Google SERPS feature related to Google+ Business pages Google My Business & Google Maps 3
obcted Google Places was Suspended and suffered a large Local SERP Drop Help & Support for Google Local 51
Linda Buquet Google Local SERPs Layout Differences on Desktop, Android and Jelly Bean Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Linda Buquet Author Photo Optimization in the Google Local SERPs Local Search 3
Linda Buquet Dominate Google Local Serps or Rich Snippet & Author Spam? Local Search 11
Linda Buquet Google Overwriting Title Tags in Local SERPS - Problems Local Search 0
Linda Buquet Google Launches NEW Things To Do In... Tourist Attraction Image Bar in SERPS Local Search 5
M Google Local Services Ads - Lack of Leads Paid Search and Local Service Ads 4
rustybrick Google Local ranking update? Google Algorithm Discussions 6
harmony How Does Google Choose Service Options in a Review? Local Reviews 6
abbiebeltran Google Reviews Now Have 'Service-Testimonial-Tags' at the Top Local Reviews 1
Tim Colling I'm getting calls from "Google Maps" at 650-206-5555, asking about clients' hours - are they legit? Google My Business & Google Maps 2