More threads by Gerry.Foster

Reaction score
Hello, Local Search Pros. Been a minute. I hope everyone is faring well in these tumultuous times.

I work in-house for a motor group that has several rooftops across multiple states. We turned messaging on for all of our stores within the last 2 years. Since then, one of our store's messaging is being directed at a competitor. Quite literally when someone messages that store through GMB - the contents of the entire conversation are with a competitor's store, that isn't us/different name, etc. Obviously, this is a big problem.

I have had multiple conversations with GMB support about this. I get a long run around before the conversation eventually vanishes into the ether of my to-do list.

I don't want to give out the names of the businesses here, but I would really love some advice - and would be willing to share the business name(s) via direct message (I just don't want to put us on blast).

@JoyHawkins sorry for the delay. This is not related to that article (though that's another awful "feature").

This is entirely different. When you click to message our Business (Land Rover Bedford), the messages go to "Land Rover Alexandria." I've had very little luck working with GMB to correct this. They say it's elevated to a team and then I never hear back, meanwhile, the problem persists.

I do have a case number, if that's something that might help anyone in this forum that can offer a bit more help?

It sounds like a technical issue and unfortunately the only team that can fix that is GMB support.

Hello, Local Search Pros. Been a minute. I hope everyone is faring well in these tumultuous times.

I work in-house for a motor group that has several rooftops across multiple states. We turned messaging on for all of our stores within the last 2 years. Since then, one of our store's messaging is being directed at a competitor. Quite literally when someone messages that store through GMB - the contents of the entire conversation are with a competitor's store, that isn't us/different name, etc. Obviously, this is a big problem.

I have had multiple conversations with GMB support about this. I get a long run around before the conversation eventually vanishes into the ether of my to-do list.

I don't want to give out the names of the businesses here, but I would really love some advice - and would be willing to share the business name(s) via direct message (I just don't want to put us on blast).

Hey Gerry, I'm in automotive also. Do you use one of the chat providers like CarNow, ActivEngage, LivePerson? If so they can integrate your chat tool so you can control GBP Messaging through your normal chat interface. Of course do the same with Facebook Messenger. Hope this helps!

Hey Gerry, I'm in automotive also. Do you use one of the chat providers like CarNow, ActivEngage, LivePerson? If so they can integrate your chat tool so you can control GBP Messaging through your normal chat interface. Of course do the same with Facebook Messenger. Hope this helps!

Ironically, after posting my reply here on Monday and after years of trying, our listings messaging was restored. Win/win either way.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom