More threads by Rich Owings

Rich Owings

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Reaction score
Got this thru the GMB Twitter account this morning...
Due to a technical issue, we are unable to transfer the reviews for now. Our engineers are working on the issue, but they don’t have an estimate for when the issue will be resolved. Once the issue is fixed, we'll troubleshoot further.

Since May 1st, we've seen a reduction in review volume across our 25 retail locations. We normally average 300-400 reviews per month, and now are seeing only 40-60 per month. Nothing has changed with our business otherwise. Could this issue have been going on for a while and/or be the reason for such a big drop in reviews?

The technical issue is really the backlog in reinstatements taking priority.

Very true, we received a similar message - We have merged two pages and all 60 of our client's reviews were removed. It's a very bad situation and all we have received from support was this message:

Google My Business[7-1246000027113]
1565721992413.png

It's been almost two months now that we've been dealing with this issue, with no end in sight.

Open a thread with as many details as possible on support.google.com/business/ and PM me the link to it.

Be sure to include the old CID and the new CID. Along with the case ID and any communications and dates of communications.

No guarantee I will get a different response, but we can escalate it.

I checked in with GMB support about this recently, via Twitter, and received this response yesterday:

Hey rich, Thanks for reaching back out. We understand your concerns in regard to transferring reviews. However, our engineers are working on the issue, but they don’t have an estimate for when the issue will be resolved.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom