More threads by stevedimatteo

stevedimatteo

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm a bit stuck with this one and would love your input. My agency recently started working with a company that has a verified GMB (or GFP now) profile at its correct address, so that's good.

However, there is a second incorrect/duplicate profile for this business, located at the address of a sister company (both are septic tank pumping companies). All of the profiles are verified by Google so I've been trying to reach out to support to remove the duplicate profile and merge it with the correct one so we can retain the reviews from that duplicate profile. But no matter who I talk to at Google, they say they are simply unable to merge the profiles and that's it.

They keep saying they "cannot confirm the business details/existence in reality," which is obvious considering that business doesn't actually exist there in the first place.

Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 12.45.42 PM.jpg

So I'm thinking this might require taking this up the ladder and talking to someone else at Google support. If anyone could lend a hand here or has any advice on what to do/where to go from here, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

I'll bump this for you, because I'm curious how it gets resolved. Sorry to see you haven't gotten any replies on your Google community post!

This won't help grab the 2 reviews but may be worth sacrificing? If you haven't already thought of this >>> Suggest an edit on the profile and from there you can report it as a duplicate. The actual business located at that address shows up in the report window. Screenshot the reviews before doing so you can somehow use the image?

Afterthought....
If you choose "Other" rather than "duplicate" you can submit photos. Location images showing the business name on a sign and the address would work, along with this image that makes it obvious.

bros.jpg

This won't help grab the 2 reviews but may be worth sacrificing? If you haven't already thought of this >>> Suggest an edit on the profile and from there you can report it as a duplicate. The actual business located at that address shows up in the report window. Screenshot the reviews before doing so you can somehow use the image?

Afterthought....
If you choose "Other" rather than "duplicate" you can submit photos. Location images showing the business name on a sign and the address would work, along with this image that makes it obvious.

bros.jpg

Hi Heidi, thanks so much for the advice! I went this route just to see if Google does this for me nice and easy. It's much appreciated!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom