More threads by kathleen.rhodes

Reaction score
Regarding what Mike Blumenthal wrote about earlier this month, Google Rolls Out Business Provider Plan to Replace Trusted Verifier Program, how do organizations like Chambers of Commerce or banks with small business clients sign up.

On this page of the instructions, About My Business Provider - Google My Business Help, it says, “To become a My Business Provider reach out to your Google account manager.”

How does a Chamber of Commerce, for example, get a Google Account Manager, if they don’t have one or aren’t sure they have one?

Hey Kathleen,

I'm checking with Google on this and will let you know what they say. I know agencies can't apply as one of the criteria is that you can't charge for this and you also can't manage the listing that you're verifying (FAQs - Google My Business Help)

Okay so based on the response I got, I don't think they would add a chamber of commerce. You could still apply though - can't hurt.

Hey Kathleen,

So in order to apply you have to have a Google account manager. If you don't have one of those, I don't think there is much you can do.

Hey Kathleen,

So in order to apply you have to have a Google account manager. If you don't have one of those, I don't think there is much you can do.
So you get a Google account manager if you have set up or are running PPC ads?

I'm not 100% sure what the criteria is but I believe it's mostly connected to Google Ads.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom