More threads by Anne Gliddon

Anne Gliddon

Reaction score
Hello thank you for welcoming me to the group. I have a problem with my business listing and can't get a sensible response from Google support. I recently deleted some photos and uploaded new ones. However there are now unsightly grey circular no entry type signs showing on my listing in place of the deleted photos. This looks awful. I would like them removed. Can anyone offer assistance please? Thank you

Hi. Yes here's a screenshot. Thank you

Screenshot_20200520-234726.png

Screenshot_20200520-234726.png

Okay - a couple of thoughts. 1) Did you delete the photo out of GMB directly or did you just delete the source of the photo.? Meaning did you upload photos directly into GMB, or were you uploading hosted photos from somewhere else? 2) It could be that Google is just delayed in deleting them, how long ago did you try to remove these? 3) You can flag each photo for removal due to poor quality or something like that. The little flag icon is on the top right of each photo.

Hi. Thank you for your response. I deleted photos recently within the last two weeks directly from GMB, they were photos I had uploaded a while ago. The only reason I deleted them was they were old cake designs that were no longer in line with my current work. I uploaded new photos. These are showing, but obviously the deleted ones now have this grey icon where they were. I am hoping Google will remove them soon. I did contact them via their support email but unfortunately the person who responded was less than helpful and I've heard nothing from them since. I wish I had not bothered and just left the old photos as they were. Should I wait and see if the grey signs disappear when Google updates things? Thank you Anne

Make sure you flag the review, not to support but directly on the photo. See my screenshot below. Do that for all images that need to be removed. 2020-05-21_11-20-39.png

Hello Just a quick update. I've done as you advised and have flagged all the blank photos for removal. There were several options to select from, I clicked Other and explained that the original photo had been deleted by the owner and please could the grey circles be removed. Nothing has changed as yet, I'm assuming it may take a while for Google to action/update. Will keep you posted. Many thanks Anne

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom