bravemem

Reaction score
Hi, we're are struggling for solutions on our client's site so any help would be great. Tha

August 4th - We received notice from Google that our website was hacked (Manual Action)

This was a server hack from GoDaddy. Our WP installations have not been affected.

Google indexed 1.8k pharma spam pages.

August 8th - Full Cleanup by GoDaddy Confirmed

August 9th - Submitted Reconsideration Request

August 11th - Reconsideration Request Accepted

August 21st - Using the Remove URL's Features in GSC, we are back down to the normal 10 indexed pages.

After all of this, they are not back to their original page 1 search positions. They're currently not even within the top 100 results.

Is there anything we might have missed?

Thanks for your help

Greg Schueler

Reaction score
Can you post the link? Or message it to me?
It sounds like you covered the bases, but without seeing, it is hard to say.

Some things I could guess at would be; make sure the Sitemap is updated with just the real pages, make sure no hidden links were left on the real pages. And it may take some time, even if the warning labels are removed, for Google to re-crawl the site and re-determine what the site is really about since 99.99% of the site was about Pharma until it was cleared.

bravemem

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Greg. I'll PM you the URL.

The sitemap is clean and no bad URL's on the site anymore, confirmed with Screaming Frog.

bravemem

Reaction score
I was just being super impatient.

This past weekend, things have begun resuming back to normal.

Continued effort on the Remove URL's feature has been helping a lot.

Eric Rohrback

Reaction score
This isn't going to make you all that happy, but I experienced two website hacks with clients hosted on Godaddy servers. They contacted me after the damage was done, so I had to scrub the server and then moved them to a new host. I don't trust Godaddy anymore, and I hope you consider moving your site too in the near future.

Anyway... after the cleanups, because the sites were so small, it took a while to bounce back. You can fetch and recrawl, submit the pages, ping them from other sites/services, but after that you still need to wait for Google to recrawl the site (like others have mentioned). It took some time to get them back up in good standing.

Is your site bouncing back or are you still in limbo?

bravemem

Reaction score
Thanks Eric,

Things have returned back to page 1 for 2 out of the 4 keywords, primarily bouncing around #9/#10. Awaiting the return back to #5.

We are still doing Remove URL's cleanup, as you can see by the screenshot. We're hopeful once Google only shows the normal 10 indexed pages, things will go back to normal.

Thanks for your input 2017-09-06_09-31-08.jpg .

2017-09-06_09-31-08.jpg

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Andrew Scherer Hacking QDF with WordPress Plugins Local Content 2
G Reviews Markup showing in Serps for Every landing and store page for eccomerce site - Is this is a hack ? Local Reviews 0
Dana Franks Cleaning Up Hack - Any Way to Clear GSC Cache in Bulk Websites, Software, and Security 2
M SERP showing "this site may be hacked"? Local Search 2
S Does Google penalize you for using the Event post hack to get your post to last more than 7 days? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
CraigJMount Google Maps Photo Hack Google Local 101 13
JoyHawkins Do You File a Disavow for a Hacked Site? Organic SEO 5
D Mike Blumenthal on Dental Hacks - MASSIVE CONFUSION Local Search 5
B Hacked website for a long time . Difficult Case Local Search 9
Dana Franks Recovering A Severely Hacked Site Local Search 5
Garrett Sussman 9 Customer Service Hacks to Win Rave Reviews Local Reviews 4
Rich Owings Hacked URLs showing up as 404s in Google Search Console Organic SEO 18
Linda Buquet Simple Hack to Find Backlinks from your Local Competitors Organic SEO 11
Linda Buquet Beware Nasty URL Hack on Verified Local Pages Google My Business & Google Maps 7
HurricaneK8 FACEBOOK Ads Hack Warning: Check your ads accounts! Marketing 5
Linda Buquet 9 Tools & Hacks to Emulate Google Search Location - Since that Setting is Gone Google My Business & Google Maps 23
Linda Buquet Google Reviews: Hacks for Creating Review URL Strings with the New Google+ Local Reviews 33
Dustybones Google Hacked Spam Algorithmic Changes Rolling Out Organic SEO 6
JoyHawkins 15 Local SEO Experts Share Their Hacks Local Search 9
Linda Buquet New Local 3 Pack Advanced Hack PLUS Speculation: New Style Local Page Coming? Google My Business & Google Maps 39
Dustybones Google Hangout: Prevention and Recovery of a Hacked Site Google My Business & Google Maps 4
H Facebook site hacked Marketing 5
Linda Buquet R.I.P. Google Classic Maps - But Here's a Hack that Still Works! Google My Business & Google Maps 13
JoshuaMackens Getting Hacked - Pharmaceutical Hack - Steps For Removal Local Search 8
Amber Robinson New Google Maps URL Structure - Local Penalty Hack? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Linda Buquet Local Citation Cleanup Hack Using the BBB - V8 Moment! Citations 2
G Gmail hacked-cant retrieve pin-my gmail page is in arabic, can't do anythign. Recycle Bin 0
Broland Hack to Check for Google Local Penalties Google My Business & Google Maps 39
djbaxter Google provides videos and articles for hacked site recovery Organic SEO 1
Linda Buquet GoDaddy Hacked by Anonymous - Lots of SMB Sites Down Websites, Software, and Security 3
micromano Will changing a business name in GMB cause reviews to be lost? Moving or Name Changes 3
J Suspended Listings That Were Reinstated Lost Rankings? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
A Facebook Page Lost Access Mobile & Social 3
L Lost Ownership of Listing - Not Sure How to Get Back Google Duplicates & Merges 4
C How to Claim a GMB listing with a lost Email Google My Business & Google Maps 2
ChristianRdz Moved business, listing was suspended and reinstated but lost all reviews Google My Business & Google Maps 6
B Client Lost Google My Business Login Credentials -- What to DO? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
A Lost more than 20 verified Google business pages for one day ! Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Dino Lost visibility after verification... Google My Business & Google Maps 4
J had a Google balloon but then lost it somehow Help & Support for Google Local 1
Lloyd Silver Citations need updating for claimed listings with lost credentials Citations 6
J how do i recover lost data from iphone 4s after accidental restore? Recycle Bin 0
Dustybones Old SEO lost login Access to G+ account Google My Business & Google Maps 7
R SAB Upgraded in New Dash - Lost Authorship Help & Support for Google Local 4
djbaxter Recover Lost Text When Posting or Replying to a Thread Forum Tech Support 2
djbaxter Matt Cutts: What percentage of PageRank is lost through a 301 redirect? Organic SEO 0
J Yahoo! Local Listing disappeared, reviews lost--how to regain these? Local Search 7
Colan Nielsen What to tell a client who lost 20+ reviews except 1 negative review Local Search 5
Marie Ysais Google+ Local Lost All Reviews, Lost Score Help & Support for Google Local 18
harmony Another Google Local Ranking update? Google Algorithm Discussions 11