More threads by Chris CCMM-STM

You should be able to use this link to try and gain access:

Out of curiosity, how did you generate that link? When I try to check the "email" hint for the listing, I'm simply taken through the steps to create a new listing entirely which is typically how service area businesses like this work. I wasn't sure how you got to this point to actually request the access into the listing for this SAB.

Hi Guys, Anyone here knows a working way to recover a Google Business Profile? It was made and owned under the account of a former agency that is not responding anymore. The request ownership option from Google don't seem to work (Request ownership of a Business Profile - Google Business Profile Help), it does not show the business when trying to search it on this link: business.google.com/add. Thanks!

it is a service area business so it's a complex process. The business name will not show on "business.google.com/add", still you will have to create a new profile with the exact same details, verify the profile and wait for a duplicate flagging, if it does not show then contact Google to advise you want to gain ownership of the other

Out of curiosity, how did you generate that link? When I try to check the "email" hint for the listing, I'm simply taken through the steps to create a new listing entirely which is typically how service area businesses like this work. I wasn't sure how you got to this point to actually request the access into the listing for this SAB.

Apparently the trick is to append the place ID of the GBP to a standard url beginning. The Place ID can be recovered by a number of extension, I used PlePer local SEO tools to check. @AndreaBerens is this considered common knowledge? I've been telling people on this forum for a long time that the only way is to create a duplicate and make the two profiles merge, and no one has ever corrected me.

Last edited:
Apparently the trick is to append the place ID of the GBP to a standard url beginning. The Place ID can be recovered by a number of extension, I used PlePer local SEO tools to check. @AndreaBerens is this considered common knowledge? I've been telling people on this forum for a long time that the only way is to create a duplicate and make the two profiles merge, and no one has ever corrected me.

Great, that's good info. I was going to test this with one of my own service area business clients to see if I understood correctly. I pulled the Place ID from the PlePer, but I wasn't sure exactly what url to append it to? Is the one that is generated when you go to "add a business" like you're going to generate an access request, or is it somewhere else?

I'll continue to play it with and maybe I'll find out through trial and error, but any advice is appreciated! Thank you.

Great, that's good info. I was going to test this with one of my own service area business clients to see if I understood correctly. I pulled the Place ID from the PlePer, but I wasn't sure exactly what url to append it to? Is the one that is generated when you go to "add a business" like you're going to generate an access request, or is it somewhere else?

I'll continue to play it with and maybe I'll find out through trial and error, but any advice is appreciated! Thank you.

The url beginning is business.google.com/arc/p/ followed by the Google Maps Place ID. I've tested it myself with a coworker and I can confirm it seems to work outside the US too (my agency is in Quebec). I haven't tested it for things that are not controllable, like transportation stops, cities or natural features though 😅.

As far as I'm concerned, this is a frickin' game changer.

The url beginning is business.google.com/arc/p/ followed by the Google Maps Place ID. I've tested it myself with a coworker and I can confirm it seems to work outside the US too (my agency is in Quebec). I haven't tested it for things that are not controllable, like transportation stops, cities or natural features though 😅.

As far as I'm concerned, this is a frickin' game changer.

Yep, that works perfectly for the handful I just tested. Wow, thank you for the help! I agree, this will be a huge benefit to assisting SAB clients when they do not know their login information, and Google sometimes doesn't properly mark the new listing we create as a duplicate.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom