More threads by Toby 39 Celsius

Reaction score
The GMB team is stating we have multiple listings - but we do not and have never had multiple listings. Below is what they said. We're at a complete loss for what to do. We searched within our GMB acct by address and by name, we've searched Google Maps under both the name and the address and nothing else comes up anywhere. They are not replying now when we ask for more guidance. They are even stating multiple listings at the same address...there's nothing else at that address or under that name...we've never created a dup listing. At one point there were practioner GMB created years ago which used to be allowed for doctors and lawyers - but even those are gone and they still reply with the below indicating that was not the issue.

"You should have only one listing per business location. However, after looking at your account, we've determined that you have multiple business listings for the same business at the same location within your account. This can cause problems with how your information displays on Google Search and Maps and is a violation of our quality guidelines.

Please remove all, but one of these listings. Learn how to remove duplicate listings here."

Can anyone provide help on this to have someone else review the acct?

@Toby 39 Celsius, a few things:

1. Have you scoured Google Maps recently for the names of the practitioners? Sometimes those re-emerge, even after you think you've got them all. Sometimes Google auto-generates new listings if the practitioner is still listed at various sources online (e.g. HIPAASpace).

2. Have you tried broader category searches in Google Maps? E.g. "dentist near [address]" or "criminal attorneys in [ZIP]"? You may need to widen the net.

3. Have you tried running various NAPs through NAP Hunter Lite (by localseoguide)? It won't pull up rogue GMB pages, but it will alert you to name-address-phone variations floating around online, which in turn you can (and should) search for in Google Maps.

Thanks for that, Phil. I went through all that and still nothing comes up. Not sure what else to do...they provide no feedback. Any other thoughts?

@Toby 39 Celsius, short of taking a look myself and troubleshooting, all I can suggest is nagging GMB "support" to send you the links to the duplicates. That's all you can do. You may have to get in touch with a different GMB rep. (They're pretty hit-or-miss.)

@Toby 39 Celsius, short of taking a look myself and troubleshooting, all I can suggest is nagging GMB "support" to send you the links to the duplicates. That's all you can do. You may have to get in touch with a different GMB rep. (They're pretty hit-or-miss.)
Thanks, Phil. What's your best recommendation to get in touch with a new GMB rep? Re-submit the form for reconsideration?

Thanks, Phil. What's your best recommendation to get in touch with a new GMB rep? Re-submit the form for reconsideration?
And what are your thoughts about submitting to the GMB forums online? It just seems there are so many trolls there not really sure how much that can help. But these GMB reps are no long replying to us.

Hey @Toby 39 Celsius, yeah, I'd just re-submit the form. Maybe with a different question / request / wording, so they don't triage you in the same unhelpful way.

Wouldn't bother with the GMB forum.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom