Reaction score
The GMB team is stating we have multiple listings - but we do not and have never had multiple listings. Below is what they said. We're at a complete loss for what to do. We searched within our GMB acct by address and by name, we've searched Google Maps under both the name and the address and nothing else comes up anywhere. They are not replying now when we ask for more guidance. They are even stating multiple listings at the same address...there's nothing else at that address or under that name...we've never created a dup listing. At one point there were practioner GMB created years ago which used to be allowed for doctors and lawyers - but even those are gone and they still reply with the below indicating that was not the issue.

"You should have only one listing per business location. However, after looking at your account, we've determined that you have multiple business listings for the same business at the same location within your account. This can cause problems with how your information displays on Google Search and Maps and is a violation of our quality guidelines.

Please remove all, but one of these listings. Learn how to remove duplicate listings here."

Can anyone provide help on this to have someone else review the acct?

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
@Toby 39 Celsius, a few things:

1. Have you scoured Google Maps recently for the names of the practitioners? Sometimes those re-emerge, even after you think you've got them all. Sometimes Google auto-generates new listings if the practitioner is still listed at various sources online (e.g. HIPAASpace).

2. Have you tried broader category searches in Google Maps? E.g. "dentist near [address]" or "criminal attorneys in [ZIP]"? You may need to widen the net.

3. Have you tried running various NAPs through NAP Hunter Lite (by localseoguide)? It won't pull up rogue GMB pages, but it will alert you to name-address-phone variations floating around online, which in turn you can (and should) search for in Google Maps.

Reaction score
Thanks for that, Phil. I went through all that and still nothing comes up. Not sure what else to do...they provide no feedback. Any other thoughts?

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
@Toby 39 Celsius, short of taking a look myself and troubleshooting, all I can suggest is nagging GMB "support" to send you the links to the duplicates. That's all you can do. You may have to get in touch with a different GMB rep. (They're pretty hit-or-miss.)

Reaction score
@Toby 39 Celsius, short of taking a look myself and troubleshooting, all I can suggest is nagging GMB "support" to send you the links to the duplicates. That's all you can do. You may have to get in touch with a different GMB rep. (They're pretty hit-or-miss.)
Thanks, Phil. What's your best recommendation to get in touch with a new GMB rep? Re-submit the form for reconsideration?

Reaction score
Thanks, Phil. What's your best recommendation to get in touch with a new GMB rep? Re-submit the form for reconsideration?
And what are your thoughts about submitting to the GMB forums online? It just seems there are so many trolls there not really sure how much that can help. But these GMB reps are no long replying to us.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
LocalSEODat Need help with a suspended GMB - Client had home address as place of biz, then suspended. Fixed to meet customers and got reply with no reason Service Area Businesses 6
Avi My GMB Listing Keeps Getting Suspended. Please help! Google My Business & Google Maps 7
brownaddesign Help with Bing Places - Accidently imported all our GMB listings Local Search 3
N Looking for help to gain access to manage a GMB profile? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
J Gmb help please: 2 offices merged into 1 office Google My Business & Google Maps 3
C Help: new owner for biz, former employee created GMB, posting offensive photos and won't relinquish Help & Support for Google Local 12
hajnasiewicz GMB Help Community Forum All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 5
EmilyW Need Help w/Requesting New GMB Postcard Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Colan Nielsen GMB Adds Coronavirus Help Center Link in GMB Dashboard NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 5
K Help to access GMB page where no longer own email address Help & Support for Google Local 3
W Do keywords in Google My Business (GMB) reviews help ranking Local Reviews 3
LocalSEODat Can someone help with this Top Snack Pk ranking fake GMB listing? Spam on Google 3
M Does the geo-location of the review help with a GMB listing to rank better in that area? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
eitskowitch GMB Duplicate, please help! Google Duplicates & Merges 4
MChuckGreen Duplicate + Spam GMB Listing - Please Help with Removal Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Chaddow Help with removing GMB Amenities Google My Business & Google Maps 5
iwebresults Help - 2 Different Addresses and GMB Listings - for 1 Business Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Paul Abrahams New Brand Page and GMB closed account - help! Google My Business & Google Maps 9
O GMB has correct zip, but not maps or search. HELP! Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Linda Buquet GMB Locations: Helpful Workflow Update Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Linda Buquet 5 Ways Understanding Differences Between Map Maker & GMB Guidelines Can Help You Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Linda Buquet New Google Local (GMB) Phone Scams Help Doc Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Linda Buquet Google Support Says GMB Description Helps Rankings? Pigeon Ranking Signal Change? Google My Business & Google Maps 14
C GMB Help Center - Suite# Goes on First Address Line NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 13
Colan Nielsen GMB Help Center - Suite# Goes on First Address Line NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 13
Ray Litvak Duplicate GMB accounts for same client--help!! Help & Support for Google Local 7
Stef Kiley Help needed with a spammy competitor Google My Business & Google Maps 1
MKubot Help with Bing Clean Up Google Local 101 1
NevenaIvanova Need help with business detail update of a Chinese business Local Search 3
dateinadash This location has been suspended due to quality issues - going round in circles! Please help? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
C Help me to restore my account please Contact Us Messages 1
C Help with service page optimization Organic SEO 20
B Google Beacons helping Local visability? Local Search 1
Caroline S 1 Service Area Business, 10 Listings, Several Redressals Reported, No Action From Google - Help! Help & Support for Google Local 7
djbaxter Tired eyes or dry eyes? Firefox has an extension to help Websites, Software, and Security 1
Greg Bernhardt Bulk verification help, locations in group, no Chain option Multi-Location Issues 1
Lanerizz Help For Pending Google My Business Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Gerry.Foster Help With Automotive Departments displaying correctly Help & Support for Google Local 2
djbaxter Webinar Technical SEO Help Hour Oct. 28 Events 0
Stef Kiley Help Hard suspension - 500+ reviews gone Help & Support for Google Local 4
MKubot Google Maps Embed on Landing Page - Helpful? Google Local 101 4
Hammer I need help with duplicate listings All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
J Facebook Business limiting me to 50 stores under one page - can't get any help Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
J Facebook Business limiting me to 50 stores under one page - can't get any help Local Search 1
J Reporting 3 fake reviews...please help Local Reviews 2
I Client Suspended Thread: Please Help Help & Support for Google Local 5
A Help Client gets "Invitation failed (Role not allowed)" when trying to add Organization ID Help & Support for Google Local 6
F HELP Competitor leaves FIFTEEN 1-star reviews in a matter of days Google My Business & Google Maps 17
RobertCarnitas Help Needed: Export/Copy List of Facebook Pages Managed Mobile & Social 4
F Help Crawl anomaly Organic SEO 2