More threads by kgg

kgg

Reaction score
I have received the following email

Keep your Business Profile
In 30 days, the unpublished Business Profile for xxxx will be deleted from your Google My Business account. To keep your profile, simply verify your business today.

I think I began to do this process a while back but it got lost in the ether and isn’t verified, I currently don’t wish to have a listing for my business but I have a couple of questions before letting it lapse

1 - I am listed as the primary owner and my work email is used to login, if this business profile is deleted by google do I lose access to the email address also?

2 - my business website ranks in the top 2 organic search results when doing various searches for my business type in the local area will this be removed by google if I don't have a listing? It isn’t a google domain

3 - If the listing is deleted can I reapply at a later date if i need a gmb listing or is it now or never?

Many Thanks

Hi!
1. No, your listing will be deleted, not your account.
2. Google´s organic rankings are evaluated and determined by factors that don't include a Google My Business profile. So you won't lose rankings just because an unverified business profile gets deleted.
3. Yes you can! You will need to create a new listing. This is easily doable under your present account.

Hi tim

Thank you so much for your help you have really put my mind at rest

Thanks again this forum is really helpful

Many thanks

Hi!
1. No, your listing will be deleted, not your account.
2. Google´s organic rankings are evaluated and determined by factors that don't include a Google My Business profile. So you won't lose rankings just because an unverified business profile gets deleted.
3. Yes you can! You will need to create a new listing. This is easily doable under your present account.

Hi again Tim

I meant to ask a couple of further questions regarding my query

1. When the profile is deleted will that mean i can no longer log into my google my business account?

2. Will I be able to create a new listing with the same business name and email address?

Many Thanks

Hi again Tim

I meant to ask a couple of further questions regarding my query

1. When the profile is deleted will that mean i can no longer log into my google my business account?

2. Will I be able to create a new listing with the same business name and email address?

Many Thanks

Hi!

1. Yes, you will still be able to login in to your Google My Business account. Just your location will be closed/removed.

2. Yes, you'll be able to create a new listing with the same business name and your account email address. I don't see any problems here.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom