Former Member

Reaction score
We've recently started building our company YouTube channel.

I noticed today, when searching "Company Name YouTube" one of our videos shows in the serps. Great!

What's not so great is that directly below our listing is a YouTube video with an exact copy of our video title and description. The title and description mention our company name. The really unfortunate part is that the video contains some odd and offensive content!

I'm not sure what the user's motive is, but I don't like it!

Has anyone else experienced this?

If you check the user's channel, he/she has tons of videos, all with copied titles and descriptions from small businesses. Each video contains irrelevant and sometimes disturbing content.

I'm going to report the video, but I assume the long list of other companies that this user has done this to have already tried that.

I'll include links for anyone's research below:

Our original company video: https://www.youtube(DOT)com/watch?v=zyDDlsZNioA

The spam copy video: https://www.youtube(DOT)com/watch?v=iOi3dWYhiBg

The spam users channel: https://www.youtube(DOT)com/channel/UCD5IdlRjMvbzOI_mb2B8nQA

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing Ross.

That's bizarre! I see they are targeting small businesses but I don't see any rhyme or reason. Certainly the content makes no sense at all. Images are everything from political to homophobia to rock stars.

It almost reminds me of a shady negative reputation campaign. Where they leave you a terrible review and then suddenly you get a call or an email saying: "I notice you have a reputation problem. I can help you with that." I assume you have not gotten any blackmail type emails or anything offering to take it down, right?

Former Member

Reaction score
We haven't received any blackmail or offers. I'll try to report the video tomorrow although I'm not hopeful.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
V Google Description Hijacked - youtube video. Marketing 6
S Old Listing Hijacked by another business Spam on Google 2
C GMB Listing Hijacked Google My Business & Google Maps 3
JoyHawkins Hijacked Google My Business Listings On The Rise Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Kevin Marshall GMB Listing Ownership Hijacked Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Justin Mosebach PSA: Attempts to hijack listings (don't ignore these GMB notification emails) Google My Business & Google Maps 4
W eLocal hijacked my Bing Listing Local Search 12
djbaxter Affiliates using GMB edits to hijack hotel listings Google My Business & Google Maps 4
timcapper Hijacked Restaurant Listing ... Twice! Local Search 0
Jeremy Web Flux Marketing Beyond Menu Hijacked GMB and Google Plus Account. Google My Business & Google Maps 21
Linda Buquet Warning: Restaurant SEO - Thousands of Rogue Restaurant Sites - Some Hijacking GMB Local Search 3
R Seeking Advice - Possibly Hijacked Email Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 2
K Hijacked Listings, Inability to Claim, and Best Step Forward? Citations 6
Colan Nielsen Hijacking Google?s Local Knowledge Graph Local Search 2
D Thousands of G+ Local hotel listings hijacked per SELand Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Linda Buquet Warning Google+ Local Hijacking Scam Spam on Google 5
rutkap Youtube video laying out the biggest problem in locksmith services Spam on Google 2
J Unable to change the custom URL link on YouTube for a rebranded business Local Content 2
djbaxter Subscribe to the LocalU YouTube Channel LocalU Technical Information and Help 0
profjoeyg Google/YouTube Properties management Consultant's Corner 4
KymM GMB and Youtube Accounts Suspended Google My Business & Google Maps 1
HangTenSEO Google+ GMB Youtube Issue Managing Accounts Google My Business & Google Maps 1
ElaineSi How to Reclaim YouTube Channel Help & Support for Google Local 2
V Automatic promotion service in social networks: YouTube, facebook, Instagram etc Recycle Bin 0
S Tips Wanted To Improve My YouTube Subs Local Search 0
Nathan Schoell Does linking YouTube channel with GMB listing benefit SEO? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
S YouTube & Local Search Local Search 2
JustinB Any Luck Changing Youtube Extensions? Local Search 3
Priya Chandra A new tool that allows people to find YouTube videos by location Marketing 2
djbaxter Getting Started with YouTube Marketing Marketing 0
djbaxter Homer Simpson Promotes YouTube Advertising Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 1
travelincat New Youtube channel created a GMB page, now I need to claim it. Google My Business & Google Maps 3
H Adding a youtube channel to a multi-location business Google My Business & Google Maps 2
MichaelW Google+ & Youtube Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Linda Buquet New Google Tool: Move YouTube Channel to Different Google+ Page Marketing 2
F Google+ Link in Pack goes to YouTube tab Google My Business & Google Maps 3
dani Google Local and Youtube under different accounts Help & Support for Google Local 2
Dustybones How to Connect your Youtube Channel to your Google+ Business Page Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Dustybones 5 YouTube SEO Tactics Local Search 2
Jo Shaer Finally upgraded to Google+ Social Page - but what about this YouTube G+ page? Google My Business & Google Maps 11
Dustybones G+ / Youtube Channel Support Links Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Scott Hearne Article submission versus youtube blog versus something else. Local Search 2
Phil Rozek New YouTube tab on Google+ Local page Marketing 25
R G+ Posts and YouTube Comments Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Bishop Tips for ranking a youtube video for local search? Organic SEO 3
Dustybones "Google + Page" Link in Serps Defaulting to YouTube Tab Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Linda Buquet 10 Tips for Killing it in Local SEO with YouTube Marketing 1
Nick.SEOSpark Improving Ranking using Youtube Local Search 0
ChristianRdz Page Title & Meta Description On No-Index Pages Organic SEO 9
Ben Walsh Keyword in meta title twice Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 1