More threads by Ben Walsh

Ben Walsh

LocalU Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

This is one of those things that I really should be confident about but want to get your opinions.

So I have a Realtor agent that works for herself as an agent as part of a larger company sort of like remax who have an office where she is but she is using a different business name she wants to use the agent office as the company address instead of her home which is where she works from

Now Im sure she should use her home address ideally so there is no conflict of NAP but she has suggested that we use a suite number to differentiate business addresses and stick with the agent office.

My question is this is that really enough to stop Google seeing inconsistent information my thoughts are no but Id like to get some opinions.

She has a real issue with showing her home address for some reason which makes things real awkward.

I can also just supply business details to citation sources that hide the address but if Google can differentiate the suite number that that gives us a bigger slice of the citation pie.

Thoughts?

Now Im sure she should use her home address ideally so there is no conflict of NAP but she has suggested that we use a suite number to differentiate business addresses and stick with the agent office.
Yes, she should use her home address and hide it using the Local dashboard; she works from home therefore thats the address she should use.

She should never use a Suite number unless her business address is a completely separate address, which I doubt from the way you framed the question.

Thanks Andrew,

I agree with the advice not to set up a fake suite #. To me that falls under: Don't create a listing where the business does not exist. If there is really no suite, then...

If she worked 50/50 let's say then she'd need to make a choice. I'd choose home if that's where she mainly works and hide address. One of the advantages is not having to compete with all the other Realtors at that office. Google will typically only rank one listing from a location. So if there are 8 Realtors it would be a crap shoot as far as which one, if any would get to be in the pack.

Ben have you seen the posts that list hidden address citation sources? Phil did a good one and I think Nyag did too.

Like said above go with the home address and select to hide the address. Since she doesn't accept business visits to her home address, I assume, she has zero reasons to publish it and Google understands this.

Thanks guys,

Lots of help, ill let the client know and iv seen the post by Phil Rozek on the citation sources that hide addresses, thanks Linda:)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom