More threads by Matt Chauhan

Matt Chauhan

Reaction score
Hi,

We have a client who is an executive and leadership coach. We created a home-based GBP for his business using his home address, although his focus is not local. Now, the case is the client has got a new office, and he is moving soon. The office will have a physical address with signage, and face-to-face customer interaction will also happen at the new office location. The business also has a good number of directory listings with his old address. Keeping in mind that his focus is not local but national,

Q1: Shall we update the new office address in his GBP and display it? Will it require postcard verification?
Q2: It will make sense to update the new address in all the existing directories using the old home address. Shall we do it?

Solution
Hey Matt!

Shall we update the new office address in his GBP and display it? You mentioned that your focus is National. So your main goal is not Local Pack ranking but Branding consistency. If I am right, I would say yes - show the new address. Unless you don't want people to visit this new address - then I would hide it.

Will it require postcard verification? It could. Not every time. But it could

It will make sense to update the new address in all the existing directories using the old home address. If you're concern is consistency in branding, yes. If your concern is local pack ranking, it depends on who you ask. Some say NAP Consistency is still a huge ranking factor. I personally don't see it. I would still do...
Hey Matt!

Shall we update the new office address in his GBP and display it? You mentioned that your focus is National. So your main goal is not Local Pack ranking but Branding consistency. If I am right, I would say yes - show the new address. Unless you don't want people to visit this new address - then I would hide it.

Will it require postcard verification? It could. Not every time. But it could

It will make sense to update the new address in all the existing directories using the old home address. If you're concern is consistency in branding, yes. If your concern is local pack ranking, it depends on who you ask. Some say NAP Consistency is still a huge ranking factor. I personally don't see it. I would still do it - but at the bottom of the priority.

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom