More threads by badgenes

badgenes

Reaction score
Is this possible and if so how to accomplish this? If not what is the 'best practice' for creating Doctor listings to place in a GMB location? Thank you!

It is not possible to control it from the main Google business profile. Here is an article we wrote to help you understand how practitioner listings function.

OK I've read that now. What I am still unclear on is precisely who or what account should be used to create each profile and for association with each facility.

For example:

Provider O,P,Q and R work for Group A
Group A maintains 2 clinic locations, Y and Z.
Provider Q sees patients at Clinic Y Mon-Fri
Provider R sees patients at Clinic Z Mon-Fri
Provider P sees patients at Clinic Y Mon,Wed, Fri and at Clinic Z Tues,Thurs
Provider O see patients at Clinic Y Tues,Thurs and at Clinic Z Mon,Wed,Fri

From past discussions I am aware that these must needs be not overlapping in time / day but that two profiles can be created for Provider O,P such that anyone seeing their profiles immediately knows their availability at each location while Provider Q,R would only require a single profile. Given this, what Google accounts should be creating these profiles? The same as the GMB account seems to be the wrong answer. Is it preferred to use an account the Providers have used in the past or can it be new Google accounts created specifically for this purpose? Finally can the accounts used for Provider O,P create both of their profiles to be linked to their respective locations / schedules?

Again, many thanks for your help this is the only resource I've found to get assistance with Googles very confusing policies.

From past discussions I am aware that these must needs be not overlapping in time / day but that two profiles can be created for Provider O,P such that anyone seeing their profiles immediately knows their availability at each location while Provider Q,R would only require a single profile.

That is correct.

Given this, what Google accounts should be creating these profiles? The same as the GMB account seems to be the wrong answer. Is it preferred to use an account the Providers have used in the past or can it be new Google accounts created specifically for this purpose? Finally can the accounts used for Provider O,P create both of their profiles to be linked to their respective locations / schedules?

The account doesn't really matter. It can be the same account that created the main GBP. What's most important is that the practitioner profiles do not overlap with the main GBP as far as the categories and phone number goes.

OK thank you much! In creating the practitioner listings for the first location I first entered no address. Realizing this was a mistake based on research here and elsewhere I changed the first profile to match the location (for the 3 days of the week this practitioner is at the first location) and when re-submitting verification (as Google stated was required) I was greeted with "Is this your business?". My gut says "Don't do it!" but given my lack of experience in the ins / outs of practitioner profiles I would appreciate your advice prior to moving forward with this change and re-verification process.

It looks like your business might already have a Business Profile on Google Search or Maps. If you see your business below, select it, and we'll help improve your Business Profile.​

I assume it's asking if it's the same as the main GBP at that location. Just say no and move on. Just remember that the most important thing when creating practitioner GBP's is that they need to use a different category and phone number from the main GBP. Otherwise, you could cause more harm than good.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom