More threads by jvaquino

Reaction score
Our team has been offering citation cleanup for more than 6 years now and we really noticed that it became more difficult to deal with local.com. I think most of you are aware that there are sites where they grabbed business data from local.com and here are some of them:

directory.arkansasonline.com
directory.broomfieldenterprise.com
directory.brushnewstribune.com
directory.citypaper.com
directory.eptrail.com
directory.fortmorgantimes.com
directory.hawaiitribune-herald.com
directory.journal-advocate.com
directory.ksee24.com
directory.lamarledger.com
directory.life2lifehealth.com
directory.lufkindailynews.com
directory.northconwaynh.com
directory.northjersey.com
directory.pasadenanow.com
directory.progress-index.com
directory.site
directory.southjersey.com
directory.the570.com
directory.venicebeach.com

We identified around 200+ sites like this.

Contacting local.com is a pain in the ass. Most of the time they do not respond to emails. We also attempted to call them but no success. One project we had, took 4 months before they approved our request.

One solution local.com is suggestion is by using YEXT which is $449 is the cheapest pack where local.com is included.

Their footer says "Some data provided by Acxiom." That would be the place to start... but, Acxiom is closing down it's local directory stuff at the end of this year.

I believe Moz Local pushes data to Acxiom so that may temporarily be part of a solution. I know Moz's pricing structure has changed recently but I have to think the level it pushes info to aggregators is lower than that $449 price tag.

Their footer says "Some data provided by Acxiom." That would be the place to start... but, Acxiom is closing down it's local directory stuff at the end of this year.

Yes, that is one of our hints. Unfortunately, the business does not have a listing in Acxiom so it is out of the puzzle.

Does MozLocal include Local.com? or it is also via Acxiom?

BrightLocal is cheap but had a bad experience in the past when I ordered their Aggregator service. Instead of updating the existing listing in Acxiom, they submitted a new listing. That created a dupe for our client business. The funny thing about it is that when they sent me a report, they covered that old listing

2018-07-09-1055.png

BrightLocal does a cheaper version for just the core data aggregators (all 4 of them) for $60/year. I haven't found Moz Local to be all that great.

Does BrightLocal still offer this core aggregator package? i couldn't find it on their pricing page.

I messaged their FB page. They did not respond but the wrong number was fixed a week later. But now there is a duplicate with the wrong number and a listing with the right one. Grrr.. Apparently you have to be super specific

I messaged their FB page. They did not respond but the wrong number was fixed a week later. But now there is a duplicate with the wrong number and a listing with the right one. Grrr.. Apparently you have to be super specific

Nice to hear it worked for you. I also tried it before but they never have seen my message.

I posted this in another thread but local.com is a lost cause at this point. They have not replied to support in a long time and have been basically dead for 2-3 years now. I'd love to have one of their reps come here and prove us wrong. But I think they all know at this point. I imagine it's a dead site, there seems to be zero activity. I wish they would just go offline honestly instead of showing incredibly outdated business information and not allowing us to update client info.

They have not replied to support in a long time

We still received their response for several of our project but most of them, they point us to use YEXT. Some took months and patience before they approved the request.

Yes, that is one of our hints. Unfortunately, the business does not have a listing in Acxiom so it is out of the puzzle.

Does MozLocal include Local.com? or it is also via Acxiom?

BrightLocal is cheap but had a bad experience in the past when I ordered their Aggregator service. Instead of updating the existing listing in Acxiom, they submitted a new listing. That created a dupe for our client business. The funny thing about it is that when they sent me a report, they covered that old listing

2018-07-09-1055.png

Hello @jvaquino,

We submit all business listings to Acxiom as new submissions because they do not offer the option to update existing listings, unfortunately. What Acxiom do is create new listings first and then remove the old listings upon our request. The processing time for each action is two weeks. Additionally, only business owners can claim a listing in Acxiom through phone verification.

Therefore, the reason we hid your existing listing is that it was in the process of being removed, however, we wanted to ensure that you can see the newly set up listing that will remain in the system as well. Existing listings that are not removed by their system are then escalated to Acxiom in a suppression file and removed within a week.

I hope that's clear, but do let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you,

Chloe @ BrightLocal.

I think the process was not properly relaid to us. The campaign had a complete status with that dupe still live. I think the response to us when we contacted support is that they can't delete it as it was submitted by another third-party site. That is why we got a refund for it.

Thanks for clearing up the process!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom