More threads by MKubot

MKubot

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi! We submit the Google spam form and us Twitter to help clean up the Google Maps, but Bing looks so bad. Thousands of affiliate listings without physical locations. What's the process on Bing?

Here's the response from their support >
For spam or fake listings we would like to recommend that you report them via the "Suggest an Edit" link found on each listing. The report you will make will go directly to the Bing Places Engineering Team that will work on the reported listings.

Anyone have any experience with how well it works, how long it takes or any alternatives that get better response?

Also, any boilerplates on what to say when submitting?

When I search "Drug Rehab Kentucky" I get 1 real listing, 12 spam and a restaurant. It's so bad. What can I say that will ensure the 12 spam get removed?

@JoyHawkins > Any help with Bing spam? Unsurprisingly, it's been a month and Bing's suggestion to report spam profiles using the standard report function on the listing has done nothing. The spam is so bad on Bing.

We started testing this but it didn't go far because we realized the amount of effort was not justified by the end result. The amount of traffic our clients get from Bing is so low that it didn't really pay off in extra conversions.

I have had success getting dupes removed this day. Bing used to remove dupes through support but now require it through "suggest an edit".

When we report them, sometimes they are taken down other times not. I believe actually writing something along with suggesting an edit helps tremendously. Put your reasoning in there, well documented, on why the listings are spam.

Also, if you're reporting a practitioner listing (ones that Bing sources from NPPES, vitals, etc.) I'm not sure if they will take them down at all.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom