More threads by FriarTuck00

Reaction score
One of our clients had duplicate Google Knowledge Panels. I logged in and reported one as a duplicate and requested that it be removed. How long does it usually take for Google to do that?

Reporting via suggest an edit hasn't ever worked well for me. I've had much better luck claiming the duplicate, updating the information so that it's an exact match, and requesting a merge via Google support.

They will want you to release the listing before the merge, so if the listing is already an exact match, there's no need to claim the listing first.

If the listing is already claimed by someone else, you will need to request ownership so that it can be released.

Reporting via suggest an edit hasn't ever worked well for me. I've had much better luck claiming the duplicate, updating the information so that it's an exact match, and requesting a merge via Google support.

They will want you to release the listing before the merge, so if the listing is already an exact match, there's no need to claim the listing first.

If the listing is already claimed by someone else, you will need to request ownership so that it can be released.

We have claimed both listings for the client. In your opinion, what's the best way to reach Google support to have the listings merged?

I personally go through Twitter support via DM to @GoogleMyBiz. Sometimes it takes a few days and/or a followup when they are busy. They will ask for the email you use to manage the account, so I usually include that in my initial request to save some time.

I personally go through Twitter support via DM to @GoogleMyBiz. Sometimes it takes a few days and/or a followup when they are busy. They will ask for the email you use to manage the account, so I usually include that in my initial request to save some time.

Awesome! Thanks for the advice!! I just DM'd them, so hopefully this will get things moving.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom