More threads by mikepcservice

Reaction score
Hey guys, a Building Inspector would like me to build a site for him. I am seeing people nowadays charging $100 to build sites. This site will require around 24 pages with myself providing the content for all pages, any idea how much I should charge for this please? Yes the pages will need to be SEO.

Custom build vs theme? Are you making unique images or using stock? Are you designing any part or just setting up as is with the default theme settings? What platform are you using? What's your typical per word rate for writing content? Are you going to allow revisions?

As you can see, there are a ton of questions that you'd have to outline and answer before you can accurately quote a job. Just because someone can make a single page site for $100 from a theme and push the same content that's on 100's of other sites, doesn't mean it's worth it.

If you come back with a quote that says the 24 page site will be $5000 after all this work and the prospect says they want you to do it for $100 like Company X will do, then tell them to go to Company X. They'll come back around if they get garbage delivered and want you to fix it up.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom