mikepcservice

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have 2 websites, one for pc repair which I had setup for GMB years ago. Now that I have to offer web design and SEO since pc repair jobs here in NY had been going downhill for years now, what should I do please for the Web Design/Seo services? Should I create another GMB separately for that?

mikepcservice

Reaction score
Hmnn, well yes Colan, makes sense the way you put it. So now I am thinking since it's 2 separate sites, can I add the SEO site to the GMB and optimize it in GMB to try to get 3 pack rankings? I think that's my issue having 2 separate sites for separate services.

Suresh

Reaction score
Create a new GMB and new website for your secondary service. Because they are totally different categories altogether.

By this, you're creating a powerful SILO structure of your website and also dedicated GMB with proper category and subcategories to it. As PC repair can have many different kinds of PC repairs like a laptop, notepad, desktop, and brands, etc.

Similarly, for SEO, there are different kinds of SEO. Local, international, e-commerce, Shopify, youtube, bigcommerce etc.

You get the point right? Niche down, and have a dedicated page for each service can do the trick.

Worth the effort you put up at the end.

Hope this helps.

mikepcservice

Reaction score
I don't want to risk being penalized by google, would this be seen by google as fishy seeing two different sites with same location by same owner and info?

Suresh

Reaction score
You're going to use the same address, but a different phone number, categories, etc... That shouldn't be a problem when it comes to GMB filtering.

Please do a cross-check in this forum about the GMB filtering.

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
@Suresh
You're going to use the same address, but a different phone number, categories, etc... That shouldn't be a problem when it comes to GMB filtering.

Please do a cross-check in this forum about the GMB filtering.

It's not really the filtering that you need to worry about. You're right, the filter wouldn't come into play if the primary categories are different. The problem is that creating the second listing is breaking GMB's guidelines so you're at risk of a suspension. So this isn't a good approach if you are looking for a sustainable strategy.

mikepcservice

Reaction score
That's what I am thinking. So does this mean I should forget about GMB for for this other site and just try to rank in the SERP's?

Suresh

Reaction score
Agree with @Colan Nielsen . As there are more GMB's are created from co-working spaces. I work from a co-working space and running a GMB for it. Not a problem, in the same way if anything happens, we can sort it out with proofs, etc.

Like, a house room for PC repair, and other room for the website designing, SEO related services.

@mikepcservice Just get started with the website, now or later you needed the website. GMB part, you can figure out in the journey.

Ampere

Reaction score
Am I the only one who is bothered by this and feels that it is wrong?

mikepcservice

Reaction score
No you're not, this doesn't feel right to me guys so I will leave this alone and just try to do the best SEO as I can do to rank in the SERP's. Appreciate the help!

mikepcservice

Reaction score
Well wait a minute, maybe I am not using the right terminology here but that was what I was inquiring about but what I am not understanding is "how" I would be able to work on a 2nd site in the GMB console?

I am thinking only way to work on a 2nd site will mean having to create a separate GMB for it. Some guys had told me I can "declare them as sister sites" but I did not get any further instructions on how to do this?

Last edited:

Paul Kargo

Reaction score
I concur with Suresh on this, the best way would be to have a separate GMB for your SEO/Webdesign business. It is always good to have just one GMB for different services, however only if different services comes under same category so for any PC hardware related services like PC repair, PC assembling or selling computer/laptops you should have just one GMB. But here you are opening an entirely new business so you should have a separate GMB with different category, website, phone number etc and can have same address.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Local Search News Curator Brand New GMB Feature: Add Multiple Owners to GMB Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 7
J How to Add Logo to Multiple Locations in GMB Help & Support for Google Local 5
Gsmithmike Can i add location or service area with the business name with multiple locations? Local Search 2
0 Primary Owner hospitalized and has a stroke. Need to add myself as a manager. Verifying via phone calls only grants me Site Manager access. Help & Support for Google Local 2
Greg Bernhardt Implemented Remove Skype and add Linkedin for profile? Suggestions for the Local Search Forum 2
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR Two Different Business Places at the Same Address: Should I Add Them to GMB? Local Search 1
raellovepie Bing Places (Canada) - Add Special Hours Local Search 1
L Google Maps 'Details' section - Can you add to this or edit? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
P Add locations to a bulk verified account as a manager - is it possible? Multi-Location Issues 2
Geeman What to do about a GMB that continuously adds the location to their name? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
C Add attributes that aren't given as an option? Google My Business & Google Maps 13
A Can you add images of Cannabis to GMB listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
djbaxter Google adds local listings to autocomplete Local Search 1
hajnasiewicz Bing Places for Business: add Administrator Local Content 4
A Help Client gets "Invitation failed (Role not allowed)" when trying to add Organization ID Help & Support for Google Local 6
steviephil GMB Support telling me to delete & re-add listing to change its language? Multi-Location Issues 4
A How to add Alternative Tags to Icons Organic SEO 1
Colan Nielsen GMB Adds "Manage insurance info for your practice" Section to Guidelines Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter How to Add a COVID-19 Announcement to Your Website with Schema Google News: Important Changes & Features 1
keyserholiday Google adds Covid-19 messaging Local Search 0
Colan Nielsen GMB Adds Coronavirus Help Center Link in GMB Dashboard NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 5
Noelle Leahy When to add a new location to the existing website and when to start a second website Google Local 101 7
Lanerizz Getting Option to Add Products For GMB NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 11
M How to Add Hours For Every Other Saturday In GMB? Google My Business & Google Maps 10
K Customer wants to add a tracking number across all of his Citations NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
JoyHawkins Google Adds "Get More Reviews" Button in Knowledge Panel Google News: Important Changes & Features 3
Y How to add my business specialities without getting delisted by Google? Local Search 1
S How to add a 2nd physical adress? Multi-Location Issues 1
KristiSimone Cookies pop-up on website is trending. Should we add? Websites, Software, and Security 5
S Add "fake" joblistings to get nofollow backlinks? Citations 3
M GMB location doesn't give the option to add services Help & Support for Google Local 3
JoyHawkins Google My Business Adds a New Contact Form for Restaurants to Remove Online Ordering Google News: Important Changes & Features 0
djbaxter How to add or edit your signature How To Guides 9
SteinCoffee Vast difference in location page organic rank when I don't add the location Local Search 2
JoyHawkins When did Bing Places Remove the Option to Add Categories? Local Search 5
ganapathy What is "Add Profile Short Name" in GMB? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
J Add Service Area Tab - GMB? Service Area Businesses 2
Jeremy Web Flux Marketing Unable to Add Free Listing To YP Due To "Thryv.com" sales. Citations 16
djbaxter Firefox disabled all add-ons because a certificate expired: Update Websites, Software, and Security 3
Jon Cahen Option to add "Services" gone from GMB Local Search 14
djbaxter Grammarly Adds Junk Code to WordPress Posts and Pages Websites, Software, and Security 4
JoyHawkins A New Way to Add Events on Google Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 7
djbaxter SEO add-on that we use for the Twitter images Admin Stuff 3
Jo Shaer Can a communications manager add Google posts to GMB listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Patrick Garde Google My Business Adds Family Led Attribute / Icon Google My Business & Google Maps 11
Colan Nielsen New Feature: Manually Add "Located In" to a GMB Listing Google News: Important Changes & Features 27
djbaxter Google Maps adds 'Avoid Exes' route option Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 1
Garrett Sussman Why LinkedIn Should Add Reviews or Endorsements to Company Pages Local Reviews 2
A Sitemap.xml - Does Google add any new welinks that are posted here Organic SEO 1
R My business not visible in maps after making changes in mapmaker to add suite number Local Search 7