More threads by AdvoAd

AdvoAd

Reaction score
I am pretty sure this has been discussed before, so please feel free to point me towards any old thread on this question and forgive me for starting yet another one...

We are working for a law firm with currently nine offices/locations. On the website we've got a menu "Locations" (1st level) with an optimized local landing page for every location. The contact details for all offices can also be found in the website's footer with another link to the local landing pages. Since the locations can be grouped geographically (North + West), the header contains a central phone number for each of these two regions.

So far this is working great. BUT: Now the customers will open another three offices. IMHO, twelve locations will be too many for a normal navigation with one link for every location. Also the list in the footer would become too big, even if we only show the full contact details onClick.

I'd be grateful for every advice on how to best set this up. Should we use a database-based location finder (are there any WordPress plugins for this?)? Do you know of any examples that are successfully doing local SEO for a comparable number of locations? We would certainly still need home page/sitewide links to the location pages - how should we set this up?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Lars

I would have a single item in the menu called "offices" or "locations" which links to a page which lists them all sorted by state.

I would still keep the URL structure flat.

domain.com/seattle is better than domain.com/offices/seattle.

I would have a single item in the menu called "offices" or "locations" which links to a page which lists them all sorted by state.

I would still keep the URL structure flat.

domain.com/seattle is better than domain.com/offices/seattle.
Thank you, Joy.

We already have the URL structure domain.com/offices/seattle. Would you stick with that or redirect to domain.com/seattle?

Hi Lars, re: location finder / location specific pages it's a common offering from Local SEO vendors as how well your website is contributing is a primary rank factor when folks search you on Google, Apple, Yelp's native platforms.

When looking at that solution, you're going to want to make sure the info on the finder matches up 100% with your location pages and then all your listings off-site. You should also have keyword synergy between what's on your finder / location pages and what drives the most searches for your locations. You should also backlink your profiles on high authority sites like Google, Yelp, FB, IG, to the local pages and include other widgets that help fill out the page, capture leads or redirect deeper into your site. On backend, schema, title tags, markup etc should all be localized too.

Example:

Best of luck with it!

Thank you, Joy.

We already have the URL structure domain.com/offices/seattle. Would you stick with that or redirect to domain.com/seattle?
Provided the pages aren't ranking really well organically already, I'd change it to domain.com/seattle.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom