Reaction score
Local U has posted a walk through on moving your Youtube Channel from your personal G+ to your Business page. This process can be tricky, so If you're having issues be sure to contact Google Support. The last thing you want to do is delete an account. It sure would be nice to have the option to link one YouTube channel to a business with several locations. Just sayin'

G+ Page In One Account, YouTube In Another? No problem!

The new ideal setup is to have the YouTube channel of your business connected to the Plus page of your business. If an account was set up prior to the integration, it?s a matter of disconnecting the channel from the Plus page it is currently associated with(usually a personal page by default). This can be done through the YouTube account settings. Then, the channel needs to be reconnected with the Plus page of the business. However, if a channel and business page exist within two separate accounts, the process can be a bit more tedious.

Jo Shaer

Reaction score
Dusty I recently successfully completed the process of matching the YouTube business Google+ account (that was created when my YouTube account was split into personal and business) with my business Google+ Local page. So now I have YouTube videos on that page rather than just videos.

I could not have done it without the help of YouTube support - who were extremely prompt and clear in their actions and explanations.

Reaction score
Great. I think Google and Youtube support has gotten better. I have noticed a wait time on Google Places support over the last few weeks though and was told that they are beginning to see a bigger backlog of support requests. Compared to other support channels I am happy.

Jo Shaer

Reaction score
Judging by the exchanges that my client has recently had with Google Places, I suspect this backlog is because of repeat tickets when the general public just do not understand the rules properly.

So many cannot grasp that they cannot show their address if they are really a SAB and want to argue the toss. They are referred to the guidelines and Google's very particular definition of what constitutes a SAB which might not agree with the business owners' viewpoint.

I guess they are like the rest of us - before Linda's training :)

Scott Rawlins

Solutions
Reaction score
I have noticed a longer wait time as well Justin, but still well worth the wait to have the issues resolved properly and quickly. I feel like I've been on the phone this whole week with support to get client issues resolved, but in the end, they were in fact corrected.:D

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Jen Currier Is there any advantage, besides a single sign in, to having all clients connected to our GMB account? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
lukeelliott Using DNI Call Tracking With Website Connected To A GMB Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Colan Nielsen "Connect in real-time, with video" Option Inside GMB NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 23
Lachlan_Wells When you accidentally connect your fake location to the wrong client Spam on Google 2
Ian Hammond "Your business is verified and is currently being connected to Google Search and Maps" (30+ days) Help & Support for Google Local 3
Chaddow Agency Dashboard: Connecting an API when it already been set up Google My Business & Google Maps 2
S How to get a DNS-verified Search Console domain to connect with Google Analytics? Organic SEO 3
J Crawling Apple Maps Connect? Citations 3
Digitaldar How Does GMB Connect Your FB, etc. Reviews? Local Reviews 5
JoyHawkins Another Huge Article Exposing Spam Tactics on Google Maps - Connected to Scientology Google My Business & Google Maps 13
BrendanT How are you managing Apple Maps Connect across a bunch of clients? Consultant's Corner 7
C Apple Maps Connect - No Hide Address Option Local Search 5
Localwinner Help needed for connecting google Profiles Help & Support for Google Local 7
JoyHawkins Connecting a G Local listing with an Organic Ranking Local Search 11
rutkap Youtube video laying out the biggest problem in locksmith services Spam on Google 2
J Unable to change the custom URL link on YouTube for a rebranded business Local Content 2
djbaxter Subscribe to the LocalU YouTube Channel LocalU Technical Information and Help 0
profjoeyg Google/YouTube Properties management Consultant's Corner 4
KymM GMB and Youtube Accounts Suspended Google My Business & Google Maps 1
HangTenSEO Google+ GMB Youtube Issue Managing Accounts Google My Business & Google Maps 1
ElaineSi How to Reclaim YouTube Channel Help & Support for Google Local 2
V Automatic promotion service in social networks: YouTube, facebook, Instagram etc Recycle Bin 0
S Tips Wanted To Improve My YouTube Subs Local Search 0
Nathan Schoell Does linking YouTube channel with GMB listing benefit SEO? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
S YouTube & Local Search Local Search 2
JustinB Any Luck Changing Youtube Extensions? Local Search 3
Priya Chandra A new tool that allows people to find YouTube videos by location Marketing 2
djbaxter Getting Started with YouTube Marketing Marketing 0
djbaxter Homer Simpson Promotes YouTube Advertising Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 1
travelincat New Youtube channel created a GMB page, now I need to claim it. Google My Business & Google Maps 3
V Google Description Hijacked - youtube video. Marketing 6
H Adding a youtube channel to a multi-location business Google My Business & Google Maps 2
F Hijacking our YouTube Titles & Company Name! Marketing 4
MichaelW Google+ & Youtube Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Linda Buquet New Google Tool: Move YouTube Channel to Different Google+ Page Marketing 2
F Google+ Link in Pack goes to YouTube tab Google My Business & Google Maps 3
dani Google Local and Youtube under different accounts Help & Support for Google Local 2
Dustybones 5 YouTube SEO Tactics Local Search 2
Jo Shaer Finally upgraded to Google+ Social Page - but what about this YouTube G+ page? Google My Business & Google Maps 11
Dustybones G+ / Youtube Channel Support Links Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Scott Hearne Article submission versus youtube blog versus something else. Local Search 2
Phil Rozek New YouTube tab on Google+ Local page Marketing 25
R G+ Posts and YouTube Comments Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Bishop Tips for ranking a youtube video for local search? Organic SEO 3
Dustybones "Google + Page" Link in Serps Defaulting to YouTube Tab Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Linda Buquet 10 Tips for Killing it in Local SEO with YouTube Marketing 1
Nick.SEOSpark Improving Ranking using Youtube Local Search 0
CodyBaird 63% Confirm Local Search Delivers Better ROI Than Other Online Channels Local Search 3
Chris Ratchford LocalEze- Channel Partner Program- Yay or Nay Local Search 20