Gsmithmike

Reaction score
There is one keyword "plumber los angeles" which i was getting rank #3. Now somehow i lost ranking eventhough the citations are correct, and everything follows the guidelines. Honestly i have not seen any improvement in local yet!

The local pack got also spammed by some fake businesses, and even a google plus which has Yelp category link on it for plumber los angeles.

What is the best ways to improve ranking? how can you get higher ranking? should you write more content, or there are other ways as well? will building more links help? should i do PPC or adword express to get more traffic?

warrenpd

Reaction score
Its hard to tell without more information. Like, are you also ranking organically for keywords you want? How many citations do you have compared to your competitors? Are your citations completely optimized. Are you doing anything that could get you a penalty? If you provide a link we can give you a more detailed response.

Gsmithmike

Reaction score
Check Plumber Los angeles, you will come up with Los Angeles plumbing and plumber hollywood, and they are spamming the pack!

mborgelt

Reaction score
There are a lot of things at play here so I will just make some general recommendations. I would report the listing that is using the Yelp URL and try to find a few other violations to give to the MapMaker team. After you submit to MapMaker I would post the changes in their forum as well.

As for your own strategy content is never a bad idea but I usually make sure that the site structure makes sense. Are your folders organized logically? That is to say, are only the most relevant pages in every folder and are they linked in a logical way that supports your keyword strategy?

Content is important to local especially for markets like plumbing which are usually very saturated. This shouldn't be content for content's sake though. With markets like this we like to drill down all of our services down to the minutia like this:

Plumbing [City]
-Plumbing Service 1
--Subservice 1
---Sub of Subservice 1
-Plumbing Service 2
--Subservice 1
---Sub of Subservice 1
-Plumbing Service 3
--Subservice 1
---Sub of Subservice 1

I would boil out a list of services and get as many sub services and sub of sub services that are relevant for the business. Then get the pages written with local content in the, (directions, places/landmarks you are near). That should get you moving in the right direction.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
pontarae GMB Category Eliminated NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 4
F Fake reviews on Google: How do we eliminate them? Local Reviews 2
A Stop smoking cigarettes -- The best way to Eliminate the Anxiety about Quitting Recycle Bin 0
Ben Walsh Confirm this is spammy please Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 6
JoyHawkins Google Maps Allows Users to Report Spammy Users Google News: Important Changes & Features 16
E.Dieter Martin Spammy Content Generator. What Are The Downsides? Organic SEO 5
juliaannCA Google: What to do about spammy backlinks to your site Recycle Bin 0
djbaxter Google: What to do about spammy backlinks to your site Organic SEO 8
Eric Rohrback New Advanced GMB Verification Process for Spammy Verticals? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Tony Wang Forwarding old domain with some spammy links Local Search 10
mborgelt What is the tipping point for spammy backlinks negatively effecting local rankings? Local Search 8
Gsmithmike How to really remove these Spammy local pages Local Search 3
Amber Robinson I reported a Spammy Pigeon listing and this is what happened Google My Business & Google Maps 6
ColoradoChris Citations: Do they look spammy after a while? Citations 18
Big.Joe Old 2009 spammy listing reappeared Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Linda Buquet Attorneys File RICO Lawsuit Against SEO Agency for Spammy SEO Practices Local Search 0
Nicole Basham Cons of Removing Second FB Page Profile/"Extra" Twitter account for Local SAB? Mobile & Social 1
M Google Local Services Ads - Lack of Leads Paid Search and Local Service Ads 14
rustybrick Google Local ranking update? Google Algorithm Discussions 11
Matt Chauhan Serious Problem With A Dentist's Local Rankings. NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
S Local Services Ads - Fake Reviews Local Reviews 1
chrism Local Competitor Keyword Stuffing/Similar Words In GMB Spam on Google 2
buzzrank Home inspector business category not available in Canada, but local competitors have NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
djbaxter New Local SEO tool from BrightLocal: Local Search Grid Local SEO Tools & Software 7
Stef Kiley Temp closed business ranking higher in local pack Help & Support for Google Local 2
F Turkish post: Google My Business local seo Recycle Bin 0
accessted Local Falcon GMB Question Service Area Businesses 2
F Google My Business local seo Google Local 101 3
S What makes a great Home/Landing Page in Local? Local Search 6
E What is the Click Through Rate / Conversion Rate for GMB or Local 3 Pack listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
J New local pack display? Google Algorithm Discussions 2
N Dedicated local search Local Search 12
djbaxter Webinar The State of Local Search 2021 [Webinar + Q&A] Events 0
Imperialpest Page Speed and Local / Ranking Question Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 5
djbaxter Online Conference Pubcon Local Services Marketing Conference, January 20-21, 2021 Events 3
L Local Service Ad for Attorney Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
Professor M No Reviews on Local Packs for Car Wash Category in Different Countries Google My Business & Google Maps 1
SpectateSwamp How about discussing local search... Like the Spectate one; everything a 50+ years of programming Geezer wants Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 3
B Google Beacons helping Local visability? Local Search 1
JoyHawkins Are Local Services Ads Stealing Clicks from Google My Business? A Case Study of 110 Listings Paid Search and Local Service Ads 0
M Decreased traffic to Google maps due to local service ads Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
Eoghan_MFeed Looking for a SaaS but more importantly Local Search experienced product managers 🔍 Local SEO Job Board 0
Professor M Google Maps and Google My Business Big Changes - Google Maps Local News Feed Google My Business & Google Maps 26
Shelly "On the menu: [item]" visual label in local pack Help & Support for Google Local 3
Brian Barwig Unconventional Approaches to Local Link Building Local Search 0
Marty Twelves Local links: are they really that much better? Local Search 1
Y Whenever I publish update for my local business, my local rankings drop for 3-4 days Local Search 1
H Recorded Sessions from Local U Local Search 1
jeff_taylor GMB Removes Reviews from Local Pack Local Search 0
Scott ClientClicks Call Tracking for Local Service Ads Paid Search and Local Service Ads 4