More threads by etrey

etrey

Reaction score
I have a fair amount of clients in fairly competitive legal markets all over the country.

The thing I have noticed is if a client can get at least one phone call into their LSA account - they then start getting ranked for "responsiveness".

The problem with a fair amount of accounts is they are not getting even ONE call. The ones that have gotten 1 call - have gotten over 30+ now.

We have pretty much maxed out service areas - bids- and budgets on all of them. They consistently show up in the top 10 LSA results across states - however, some accounts have calls - others have 0.

Yes we aren't wasting money - but we are wasting time. I was curious if anyone had any advice on getting even one call.

The profiles are all filled out- and hours are 24/7.

I'm curious if the accounts that are receiving zero calls have no reviews, or very few reviews? I think if presented with multiple choices, when there is a really big difference in reviews, the consumer is going to gravitate pretty strongly to those with more reviews.

Great question - I would agree with that sentiment as well.

However - no rhyme or reason to reviews 500 vs 20 - some get calls some don't. 4.9 vs 4.6 vs 5.0 averages also seem to not matter very much either from ranking or calls.

I am trying to even scrape results - looking at citations - SEO ranks - review count - Star Averages - etc etc etc. There is no rhyme or reason.

The only thing I can think is they're not getting slotted in the top 3 rotation ever - and the only thing dictating that right now from what I can see MUST be responsiveness.

With no analytics to these ads even from a rank or impressions standpoint - I'm not sure how to help a client except get them on another ad type.

It would seem to follow that their ad isn't getting shown if they're at zero calls, but how are you checking for the ads? Checking for local results is really tricky sometimes. You're probably already doing something like this, but spot checking the SERPs via MobileMoxie or another similar tool can help.

A lack of responsiveness caused by no having no calls, thereby causing a lack of responsiveness... I'd hope that's not what Google is doing. But maybe worth kick-starting things with a "call", even if just as an experiment to test that hypothesis.

Great question - I would agree with that sentiment as well.

However - no rhyme or reason to reviews 500 vs 20 - some get calls some don't. 4.9 vs 4.6 vs 5.0 averages also seem to not matter very much either from ranking or calls.

I am trying to even scrape results - looking at citations - SEO ranks - review count - Star Averages - etc etc etc. There is no rhyme or reason.

The only thing I can think is they're not getting slotted in the top 3 rotation ever - and the only thing dictating that right now from what I can see MUST be responsiveness.

With no analytics to these ads even from a rank or impressions standpoint - I'm not sure how to help a client except get them on another ad type.
LSA for lawyers at least is a shake down. All my lawyer clients say it was a waste of money.

Hi @etrey, here are a few questions and suggestions:
  • Have you tried adding lesser targeted LSA categories? Like if the lawyer does Personal Injury you could also add the Malpractice Lawyer category. If they do DUI law you could also add Traffic Lawyer.
  • What bid mode are they set to? Maximize Leads or Set Max Per Lead. I recommend max per lead.
  • I'd consider removing some of the areas you're targeting. Sometimes I've seen lawyer LSA accounts get more leads only targeting 1-2 locations instead of 30-40.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom