Reaction score
Can anyone suggest the best way to manage a medical clinic which has 10+ professionals including some willing to pay a premium to get special attention?

Can I create dedicated Google+ Local pages for each Doctor?

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Hey Martin,

Welcome and THANKS for starting a great topic.

Yes, it's within the guidelines to have a page for the practice and one for each doctor BUT it can really mess up ranking on your main practice listing and knock it out of search.

See these threads explaining some problems and then the 2nd one offers some ideas.

<a href="http://marketing-blog.catalystemarketing.com/google-places-duplicates-doctor-dentist-lawyer.html">Google Places DUPLICATES – Have Doctor, Dentist or Lawyer DUPES? You NEED to Read This</a>

<a href="http://marketing-blog.catalystemarketing.com/google-places-duplicate-listing-dentists-doctors.html">Overcoming New Google Places Duplicate Listing Problems for Dentists, Doctors, Attorneys</a>

ALSO FYI - One of my training clients who is also a member here, claimed her Dr listings and the account went into PURGATORY a severe penalty state, beyond suspended. It means the account is virtually dead. This happened after the troubleshooter was removed, so I'm not sure if she's gotten to support yet. I'll see if she can weigh in or add anything.

BUT every practice situation is different and needs to be analyzed. After you read the above if you want to explain more about this practice to get a more personalize recommendation or if other questions pop up after reading, just holler.

Reaction score
Linda,

Thank you for the quick and thorough reply. I will read those 2 articles.

Thanks,
Martin

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
You are very welcome Martin. Hope that info helps!

Maginot

Reaction score
Might as well add Real Estate businesses in there too. Many real estate agencies are brokerages with multiple agents that fit in the practitioner definition.

One specifically had 20 agents in the agency. The main listing went from top 5 in the market to 3rd page. =/

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
TriciaClements 3 Businesses - how to handle GMB listings for SAB? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
AdvoAd How to best handle 10+ locations on website Websites, Software, and Security 4
Hammer How would you handle this? All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 1
K I Need Guidance on How to Handle a Law Practice Buyout & Existing GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Mmclean07 How to handle 2 offices at same address? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Oliver Keates How to change the IG handle on Google knowledge Panel? Google My Business & Google Maps 14
MonicaH SAB moving from primary target location to non-target location - best way to handle GMB? Moving or Name Changes 4
D Off Topic How Do You Handle Businesses That Have No Business Address? Recycle Bin 1
Rich Owings SAB with hidden address moving their office - How to handle in GMB? Service Area Businesses 5
MKubot How do you handle spam on BING? Spam on Google 5
Travis Van Slooten How Would You Handle "2 Locations" For a Service Business? Local Search 4
G What's the best way for my business to handle a change of address? Local Search 8
C Difference In How 'Suggest An Edit' Is Handled? Google Local 101 2
Brian Bender How Do You Handle Quotes/Proposals? Consultant's Corner 19
L Portal provides unique phone number for call analytics, how to handle this with NAP ? Local Search 4
PaulSteinbrueck How to handle 2 similar businesses operating at the same location? Google My Business & Google Maps 15
Les Zeppelin How would you handle this tricky situation? Local Search 7
Travis Van Slooten How To Handle Dental Practice Closing One Office Help & Support for Google Local 9
J Handling of Duplicates Google Duplicates & Merges 5
JoshuaMackens Handling of Duplicates Google Duplicates & Merges 5
J All-In-One solutions? Software to optimise & handle many Local SEO clients Local SEO Tools & Software 3
B How would you handle this mess? Local Search 5
C How best to handle these Google listings for a single location local business? Help & Support for Google Local 15
S How to Handle Seasonal Hours? Local Search 2
RR415 How does Google handle street name abbreviations? Local Search 4
R How Many Clients/How Much Business to Handle Consultant's Corner 9
Linda Buquet Client Moved - Duplicate Citations - How to Handle with Moz Local? Citations 1
R how would you handle a dentist practice sold to a new owner Help & Support for Google Local 6
L For people handling country TLD domains (or .com owners targeting a specific country) Organic SEO 0
T how to handle a duplicate G+ listing that keeps ranking Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Linda Buquet Handy Twitter Handles for Local Citation Sources Citations 5
Lloyd Silver How To Handle National Business With Existing G+ Page That Also Markets Locally Google My Business & Google Maps 5
freerunr How to handle shared office spaces Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Travis Van Slooten Business Name Change - How To Handle Their Google+ Local Page? Google My Business & Google Maps 16
Tyson Downs Best Way to Handle this? 2 Docs 1 Website Google My Business & Google Maps 2
A Best way to handle negative reviews left by competitor? Local Reviews 13
David Deering How would you handle this?..... Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Linda Buquet Guide to Handling Ranking Drops and Google Algo Changes with Clients Consultant's Corner 0
Travis Van Slooten How Do You Handle Businesses That Have No Business Address? Local Search 16
D Promote Reviews to Practice's Main GMB Profiles or Individual Doctors' GMB Profiles Local Reviews 1
Jeffrey Google Showing Doctor Listing instead of Office Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 15
J Doctors who are part of a practice, but also work at 3 hospitals Google My Business & Google Maps 6
J GMB listings for medical practice with multiple doctors Google My Business & Google Maps 10
A 6 doctors and clinics all with same NAP. How do you get into 3 pack? Google My Business & Google Maps 20
therkf Two Doctors, One Phone Line Google My Business & Google Maps 7
D 3 doctors, 3 locations Google My Business & Google Maps 8
D Google My Business (GMB) Multiple Doctors & Locations for Same Clinic (with different brands) Google My Business & Google Maps 7
iFuse Doctor vs. Practice Listings Citations 15
A Doctor / Practice Listing Management Q Citations 6
W Google My Business for Multiple Doctors at One Practice Google My Business & Google Maps 11