mikepcservice

Reaction score
Hello all, I just built this site and seeking to interlink the 6 pages for SEO purposes. Can anyone tell me please how to interlink these 6 pages so each page is linked to the other 5 pages? I mean, I know how to create a link in WP but I cannot think of a natural way to interlink all pages, help?
The page I need help with: http://bestheatingrepairservice.com

p.s. I see all the diagrams online about hierarchy but as stated I need a natural way to do the interlinking from within each page's content.

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
I'd start by taking all the text out of the top image and putting it as text on the page so that Google can read it. Then you can link the appropriate words to the pages they correspond it. It looks like you have 1 page for all your services. Each service should have it's own page and the "Services" page can link to each of those individual pages.

mikepcservice

Reaction score
But wait. What exactly is the interlinking best practice, doesn't every page need to be linked to another page in some way so HOME page links to say Contact page which links to About page which links to Blog page e.t.c?

mikepcservice

Reaction score
Got it! Thanks.

While I'm on this topic. What's the situation create location specific pages please? Some are saying you should not create location pages for more than 2 locations, some say 3, others say more so this is suggesting to me that it is more people's "opinion" than fact. Is there any reference to this from Google?

Joe Goldstein

Reaction score
Got it! Thanks.

While I'm on this topic. What's the situation create location specific pages please? Some are saying you should not create location pages for more than 2 locations, some say 3, others say more so this is suggesting to me that it is more people's "opinion" than fact. Is there any reference to this from Google?

Google hasn't put an explicit cap on the number of city pages. You'll see diminishing returns before you see any kind of penalty, so we usually build them out as part of our ongoing campaigns. Build a page or two, wait for them to rank, then build one or two more.

Larger sites with bigger link profiles and more indexed URLs earning organic traffic tend to support larger numbers of city pages, too.

mikepcservice

Reaction score
Ok so that would work fine as I only need 4 locations really, appreciate the help, thanks!

mikepcservice

Reaction score
Are there any real benefits for google rankings to adding images and videos to landing pages please?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Google says information isn't the same between two listings Google Duplicates & Merges 1
Shelly Reciprocal review network between small business owners Local Reviews 30
Greg Bernhardt Sharing reviews between very similar products? Organic SEO 4
Jim Froling Different Info on Knowledge Panel Displayed Between Browsers (?) Local Search 4
lincolnchan Large Ranking Disparity Between Locales All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 11
PaulSteinbrueck Delay between review submission and publishing Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Gerry.Foster Is there a difference between Post offers and products? Google Local 101 1
D "In between" Label Appearing in Local Finder Recycle Bin 0
Colan Nielsen "In between" Label Appearing in Local Finder Google News: Important Changes & Features 9
pwarrenseo Disconnect Between Organic and Snack Pack Rankings Local Search 14
Claire Carlile Difference between UK and US lead image in business knowledge panel Google My Business & Google Maps 5
H What is the difference between 'branded' and 'direct' Multi-Location Issues 2
Chaddow Transferring between two agency dashboards when only need access to one location group Google My Business & Google Maps 1
P GMB Verses Bing Places - Can I use the same content for both & can inconsistancy between the two harm rankings? Google Local 101 4
Garrett Sussman What?s the Difference Between Business Reviews and Product Reviews? Local Reviews 2
Linda Buquet Reviews: What's the Difference Between Libel & Opinion? $350K in Damages Local Reviews 2
Linda Buquet 5 Ways Understanding Differences Between Map Maker & GMB Guidelines Can Help You Google My Business & Google Maps 2
nerboda Drastic difference between rankings for location specific query vs non location spec. Local Search 6
Eric Rohrback Difference between two similar queries Google My Business & Google Maps 2
L Between a Rock and a Hard Place on Google Local - Rebranding or Moving? Moving or Name Changes 12
Linda Buquet Between a Rock and a Hard Place on Google Local - Rebranding or Moving? Moving or Name Changes 12
Linda Buquet Google Places Guidelines - Reading Between the Lines and Changes Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Linda Buquet Comparison Between Manual Citation Building and Yext by Nyagoslav Citations 10
Jason_Parks1 Deleted Email and Subsequent Deleted GMB Page Google My Business & Google Maps 4
M Citations for Multi Location Landing Pages Citations 2
djbaxter Bug in recent versions of Chrome and Edge: More blank pages Websites, Software, and Security 2
D A client has 3 verified GMB's across 2 states,with service pages for each location. Should service pages have only their respective locations address? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 4
k.ivanova Wikipedia page associated with old brand KP Ranking Puzzles 2
Jac Google My business Photos - Uploaded but not reflecting on contribution page Google My Business & Google Maps 3
S Site has higher DA and more backlinks than sites on 1st page and still not on 1st page Local Search 5
djbaxter Core Web Vitals and the Page Experience Update Google Algorithm Discussions 7
Nicole Basham Cons of Removing Second FB Page Profile/"Extra" Twitter account for Local SAB? Mobile & Social 1
E Issues with managing business pages on Facebook Citations 3
NickB-Tampa Should all the phone numbers on the landing page to our GMB listing be included in the structured data? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
NexstarNickR Wikipedia pages Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
N 54 city pages for small business website Local Search 7
ChristianRdz Redirecting a ranking page to another site Organic SEO 4
S What makes a great Home/Landing Page in Local? Local Search 6
sixthcitysarah Anyone know much on in-page PHP coded redirects? Websites, Software, and Security 1
Imperialpest Page Speed and Local / Ranking Question Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 5
A Facebook page rating keeps fluctuating Local Reviews 5
ChristianRdz Page Title & Meta Description On No-Index Pages Organic SEO 9
C Help with service page optimization Organic SEO 20
H For many queries, the home page shows up - not the targetted page Local Search 2
djbaxter Google Page Experience Signals for Ranking Apply Only to Mobile Organic SEO 0
H Home page and create map Google My Business & Google Maps 0
djbaxter Page experience: Now a new Google ranking factor Organic SEO 0
Ben Walsh Near me on page optimization Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 1
C About Us page Local Content 3
ladykal Is this bad practice? Multiple location landing pages but 1 office location Organic SEO 5