More threads by mikepcservice

Reaction score
Hello all, I just built this site and seeking to interlink the 6 pages for SEO purposes. Can anyone tell me please how to interlink these 6 pages so each page is linked to the other 5 pages? I mean, I know how to create a link in WP but I cannot think of a natural way to interlink all pages, help?
The page I need help with: http://bestheatingrepairservice.com

p.s. I see all the diagrams online about hierarchy but as stated I need a natural way to do the interlinking from within each page's content.

I'd start by taking all the text out of the top image and putting it as text on the page so that Google can read it. Then you can link the appropriate words to the pages they correspond it. It looks like you have 1 page for all your services. Each service should have it's own page and the "Services" page can link to each of those individual pages.

But wait. What exactly is the interlinking best practice, doesn't every page need to be linked to another page in some way so HOME page links to say Contact page which links to About page which links to Blog page e.t.c?

Mike,

No, you don't have to do it that way. Make sure your most-important pages (the ones you want ranking in Google) are linked to from your homepage.

Got it! Thanks.

While I'm on this topic. What's the situation create location specific pages please? Some are saying you should not create location pages for more than 2 locations, some say 3, others say more so this is suggesting to me that it is more people's "opinion" than fact. Is there any reference to this from Google?

Got it! Thanks.

While I'm on this topic. What's the situation create location specific pages please? Some are saying you should not create location pages for more than 2 locations, some say 3, others say more so this is suggesting to me that it is more people's "opinion" than fact. Is there any reference to this from Google?

Google hasn't put an explicit cap on the number of city pages. You'll see diminishing returns before you see any kind of penalty, so we usually build them out as part of our ongoing campaigns. Build a page or two, wait for them to rank, then build one or two more.

Larger sites with bigger link profiles and more indexed URLs earning organic traffic tend to support larger numbers of city pages, too.

Are there any real benefits for google rankings to adding images and videos to landing pages please?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom