More threads by DmitryC

DmitryC

Reaction score
Hello folks. It's a two part question.

Part one. My partner and I are trying to optimize our website (power washing company) for geo targeted searches in nearby towns. I would like to have a "main site/services/service name in town 1" link structure but we provide 6 services and we would like to target 10 towns. Does this mean I have to create 60 pages for our services( service 1-town 1, service 1-town 2, etc)?

Part two of the question is, since our business doesn't have a physical location, what would be suggested method of optimizing for us to come up in maps when searched in those mentioned 10 towns? Having no physical address poses difficulty because we could not register in number of online directories and still have consistent NAP with our google listing.
Currently GMB has residential address of where the business is registered to.
I hope someone could spill some light on this.

Thank you

What you are facing is what millions of services area businesses face. Even if you do very well to rank high in your own town, you are probably not going to get a high ranking in Maps in those other 9 towns unless the competition is very low.

The way to get business from those other towns is to use town based landing pages that come up in the organic rankings. Typically you would make 1 page for each of those towns. Each page would have to be unique and have good content, not just spun jibber-jabber. This is where you would talk about the 6 different services that you provide.

I know that some companies used to make a page for each service and for each town (60 total in your case, as you mentioned), but those very rarely rank well. It was just too spammy. How much good content can you come up with?

As an electrician, the way I structured my website is that I made a homepage that spoke of my hometown and mentions a few other towns. It has unique content talking about my business and mentions some services I perform which link off to individual pages for those specific services.

Then I have 15 town based landing pages, all very different from each other. They too link to the various service pages.

What would breadcrumbs look like?
So right now we have site/servies
Would you do site/towns and in each town just mention all our services?

So , link structure for 9 other towns should be like: Service Areas (menu name at top) --> Service Area link will have a sub-menu with name of all the towns , and each page of the town will have content briefing the services etc. we offer in that specific area ?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom