More threads by schmeetz

schmeetz

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I recently joined a treatment clinic and this is my citation predicament...
  • Dr.Soandso was a solo Practitioner with citations as a Psychiatrist.
  • She went from solo (practitioner name) to working for a branded Company Name.
  • Her Address stayed the same but she added a new phone number.

From what I've read I have 2 options.

Option 1
Replacing her old citations with Company Name. If so, should I correct all to [brand/company]: [practitioner name] for sites like HealthGrades.com?

Option 2
Have 2 listings
1) Keep old practitioner listing with old Dr. Soandso and phone number or change to [brand/company]: [practitioner name]
2) Add new company listing citation with new Company Name and phone number.

I'm leaning towards Option 2.

Has anyone experienced something similar? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Last edited:
What's going to happen with the W in the NAPW here? Will she be using the same URL on her GMB and citations, or will she have a new URL?

One note is that the format [brand/company]: [practitioner name] is only required on the GMB listing. You don't need to use that format across the citations.

@schmeetz, you'll want to go with "Option 2," but with a twist: the doc should not have two sets of listings (2 GMB pages, 2 Facebook pages, 2 YP listings, etc.). All you need to do is use the GMB name format @whitespark described, and update the "Dr. Soandso" listings to reflect the changes in address, phone number, and site URL.

As Darren also said, you don't need to update those non-Google listings to use the [brand/company]: [practitioner name]" format, but you can if you want to.

What's going to happen with the W in the NAPW here? Will she be using the same URL on her GMB and citations, or will she have a new URL?

One note is that the format [brand/company]: [practitioner name] is only required on the GMB listing. You don't need to use that format across the citations.

2 rockstars answering my question. Feel'n confident.

I don't think she had a website.

Thank you very much for the guidance ;-)

@schmeetz, you'll want to go with "Option 2," but with a twist: the doc should not have two sets of listings (2 GMB pages, 2 Facebook pages, 2 YP listings, etc.). All you need to do is use the GMB name format @whitespark described, and update the "Dr. Soandso" listings to reflect the changes in address, phone number, and site URL.

As Darren also said, you don't need to update those non-Google listings to use the [brand/company]: [practitioner name]" format, but you can if you want to.

Hi @Phil Rozek.

Thanks for all your help with this one.

I was under the impression that 2 separate GMB listings could potentially rank for 2 separate categories.

For Example
Clinic Name category would be "Health Clinic"
Dr Soandso's category would be "Psychologist"

In the end, If I have to choose, I'll choose the clinic listing because if the doctor leaves she's taking the listings with her :-(

Thoughts?

@schmeetz, that's correct. It's fine for the clinic to have its own set of listings, but not for the doctor to have two sets of listings.

I was under the impression you didn't plan to change the clinic's listings.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom