More threads by vtrjavier

vtrjavier

Reaction score
Hello friends. I need some help with a GMB.

We run a pigeon control service in a city. We manage by service area. Well, these days we have seen our profile go up and down, something that we will have to work on to get back up.

We have been posting content three times a week. We have also posted products and given a description to the services. We also got more Reviews.
**There are competitors who have not even posted in months.

I don't know what could be wrong for it to have gone down. The site ranks well for its main keyword.

When I make a post, I usually put a link to the last post, also a link to the profile and a link to the website/service page. (Is this okay?)

Any recommendations when making a post on the GMB?
Another thing, how do we take advantage of the keywords that the GMB gives us?

Greetings.

By "posting content three times a week" do you mean Google posts? If so, those will not help you rank better. They can encourage users to interact with the profile, which can indirectly influence rankings, but the posts themselves are not a ranking factor. I would post only when you have an offer or a promotion customers can take advantage of, and stop posting other things so the offer can stay visible on the profile. Here is a good article on GBP posts Google Posts: What We Learned From Analyzing Over 1,000 Google Posts

how do we take advantage of the keywords that the GMB gives us?

Not sure what you mean by this, do you mean the searches that show up in GBP insights?

We also got more Reviews.

This is really the best thing you can do to improve map visibility and rankings. Do you get reviews often and keep up with how often competitors get reviews? What is your review count compared to the competition?

By "posting content three times a week" do you mean Google posts? If so, those will not help you rank better. They can encourage users to interact with the profile, which can indirectly influence rankings, but the posts themselves are not a ranking factor. I would post only when you have an offer or a promotion customers can take advantage of, and stop posting other things so the offer can stay visible on the profile. Here is a good article on GBP posts Google Posts: What We Learned From Analyzing Over 1,000 Google Posts

Not sure what you mean by this, do you mean the searches that show up in GBP insights?

This is really the best thing you can do to improve map visibility and rankings. Do you get reviews often and keep up with how often competitors get reviews? What is your review count compared to the competition?

Hello Isabel, thank you for your comments. And yes, I was referring to the words that "GBP insights" gives us

Regarding the scores. We have 85 5-star Reviews, all of them. One competitor leads with 93, another competitor 25.

Very good. I thought posting daily or three times helped since we keep the GBP constantly updated.

You can work on adding the GMB keywords to your website and making sure you should up organically for those searches.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

Brightlocal - Local SEO for Good

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom