More threads by Mudslide

Mudslide

Reaction score
I already reported the review to Google and they said they won’t remove it.

I click the 3 dots and reported to Google but they email back and said the review is OK and won’t be removed.

Can anyone help?

It’s blatant.

Solution
Not yet, no. How do I provide evidence? If I use the new "Manage Your Google Business Reviews" workflow, it doesn't give me the option to provide evidence. I am using a laptop, Google Chrome, Google Business Profile Help.

Is there another way I can upload evidence or type a message to Google?

Solution
Thanks Colan, how long does it usually take to hear back from Google? It's been 9 days since I submitted the appeal. The status of the appeal is "elevated".

Typically it should be resolved by now. But the "elevated" status indicates that they must be reviewing with other teams. I'd give it until Monday.

Typically it should be resolved by now. But the "elevated" status indicates that they must be reviewing with other teams. I'd give it until Monday.

Hi Colan, Google emailed me at 3:45am this morning to say the review has been removed, however, it is still there. I checked in with Google Review Manager and this does not say the review has been removed - its status is still "elevated" not "removed". Thoughts?

The review is still live on Google.

We found these reviews in violation of Google policies, so we've made all the removals you asked for.

Hi Colan,

Google emailed me and said:

"We found these reviews in violation of Google policies, so we've made all the removals you asked for."

However, the review has not been removed - it's been 6 days now.

The case ID number that Google sent me when I submitted the appeal does match the email I received from Google saying they have removed the review.

I checked my review manager and the status of the review still says "elevated".

Is this a bug in Google's system?

Please let me know.

The noreply email that Google sent to me states:

Because this request is complete, this email address can't accept replies. We regret any inconvenience.

How do I contact Google to reply and notify them?

I went to GMB support and the help forum but Google gave me the run around and instead of reading my email communications they kept ignoring what I was saying and tried to get me to use their appeals process again - however I can't use their appeals process as it is stuck on this status:

Escalated - check email for updates

Added to which, I already appealed the review, that is stuck in the above status, and then I received an email from Google saying they have removed the review - however it's not been removed - it's stuck in the above status.

The Case ID number match up too, in the emails I received from Google, so the review in question is definitely the review that should have been removed.

Why is Google telling me to appeal the review a 2nd time, if you only get one stab at it?

I appealed the review 1 month ago!

Can anyone help me get the review remove as it is an obvious conflict of interest posted by a competitor that is calling out their own company name and offering a discount for their services?!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom