More threads by Deleted member 21930

D

Deleted member 21930

I am a landscaping business owner in the Idaho area looking to rank as best as possible in my surrounded area (Boise Idaho).

I have done my best in setting up my GMB along with my website but I am wondering if I am missing anything thats glaring in my website. I do have questions that I need clarification on and would love it if you guys could help me out with this. Here they are:
  1. I have done my best to make sure my website is fast and responsive (mobile and desktop) and I have written content on the website as well. I am thinking of writing relevant content at least once a week on my blog within the website but is this necessary ?
  2. Is it better to write weekly content on GMB? A lot of the content that I am thinking of writing relates to how to guides for customers that dont want to pay a company but would rather do the work themselves.
  3. My website is www.mrchipp.com so for anyone that wants to take a look and maybe see if there are any glaring issues, I would be super thankful for it.

Solid job, @mrchipp.

1. A waste; don't bother.

2. A waste; don't bother.

3. Create a page on every single service you offer. The more specific, the better. Link to those pages generously, in the main nav, on the homepage, in the footer, and between each other. E.g. "Sprinkler Repair," "Sprinkler Valve Replacement," "Emergency Tree Removal," "Landscape Edging Installation," "Yard Regrading," "French Drain Installation," and so on.

Solid job, @mrchipp.

1. A waste; don't bother.

2. A waste; don't bother.

3. Create a page on every single service you offer. The more specific, the better. Link to those pages generously, in the main nav, on the homepage, in the footer, and between each other. E.g. "Sprinkler Repair," "Sprinkler Valve Replacement," "Emergency Tree Removal," "Landscape Edging Installation," "Yard Regrading," "French Drain Installation," and so on.

Phil,

Thank you very much for getting back to me. So just so Im clear it sounds like I can do the following in relation to the points I made above:
  1. Dont worry about having a writing blog as this wont help much when it comes to ranking first organically.
  2. Dont worry about writing blogs every week in my GMB section.
  3. I will expand on this one just to make sure I understood what you are saying and I will use 'Sod installation' page that I have on my website as an example. When I go to Mr Chipp.com it takes me to the main page. The main page currently has the following as written content:
    • "Landscaping Servies such as Sod Installation, Tree Trimming...". The words 'Sod Installation' and 'Tree Trimming' currenty DO NOT have any links. Are you saying to for example add a link to the word 'Sod Installation' so that users can click on it and then it takes them to the 'Sod Installation' page? And then from the Sod Installation page, I can bring up sprinkler installation and have them click on 'Sprinkler Installation' and it will take them to the sprinkle page, therefore creating links within my website in various places?
Thanks again.

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. Yes. You'll want to a few things at once. One is to link up existing pages in the way you described. Another is to create pages on services that currently only have a chunk of info on existing pages (what I call spin-off pages). Another is to create a page on each service you offer that doesn't have its own page on your site yet (and then add plenty of internal links to those new pages, too).

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. Yes. You'll want to a few things at once. One is to link up existing pages in the way you described. Another is to create pages on services that currently only have a chunk of info on existing pages (what I call spin-off pages). Another is to create a page on each service you offer that doesn't have its own page on your site yet (and then add plenty of internal links to those new pages, too).

Wow, ok. Thank you so much. It sounds like we are off to a good start. Its nice to have confirmation from the experts that we are on the right track in regards to our website and GMB profile.

Thank you Phil!!

I liked looking through your Portfolio. To add more value to your portfolio I would consider adding pages or blogs for some of them highlighting the problem the homeowner/lawn had, how you resolved the issue and the beautiful results that came from your work.

I can tell the grass is dead in some of those pics but why was the grass dead? With more of a problem and solution content approach someone else that has the same issue should find your solution/results informative enough to give you a call.

I also noticed several of your portfolio pics have the same caption.

I liked looking through your Portfolio. To add more value to your portfolio I would consider adding pages or blogs for some of them highlighting the problem the homeowner/lawn had, how you resolved the issue and the beautiful results that came from your work.

I can tell the grass is dead in some of those pics but why was the grass dead? With more of a problem and solution content approach someone else that has the same issue should find your solution/results informative enough to give you a call.

I also noticed several of your portfolio pics have the same caption.

Sorry for just getting back to you Joey. I was out of town and just got back in but I think presenting Use Cases in problem/solution is genius. I will try to implement them right away.

Besides that, do you see any other glaring mistakes or things I can take advantage of? Or is our company in the right track? Our goal is to rank 1-3 for sod installs, sprinkler systems and landscaping services keywords.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom