AndiFox

Reaction score
I just had this company, {link removed} a Google Partner robocalled me, try to sell me a Google top 3 spot in maps, guaranteed, then told me that Google will delete my business if I don't pay them $99 a month. The $99 a month was maintenance of my GMB listing and keywords. Upon declining their offer, they left a bad GMB review!
What the heck?

Last edited by a moderator:

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Hi Andrea,

I hate those scammer robocallers! It happens so often and many times they are Google Partners or at least say they are.

(Sorry I had to remove their name/link but if anyone wants to know they can PM you for the info.)

Did you know about the fairly new way to report robocallers like this? I think there is also a way to specifically report "Partners" who are bad actors.

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
djbaxter Do SEOs Blindly Believe Google's John Mueller? Organic SEO 2
sjr4x4 Can't believe Google is 20! Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 1
Cody Do You Wholeheartedly Believe in Your Services? Consultant's Corner 4
Tony Wang GMB Suspensions Still Happening? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
C Odd GMB happening Google My Business & Google Maps 9
B What happens if you stop renting your office space? Google My Business & Google Maps 14
L My business got suspended and then reinstated but something weird happens Help & Support for Google Local 3
H Merging a duplicate GMB - what happens to the posts? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
U What happened to my old profile and posts from productforums? Google News: Important Changes & Features 0
Benjamin Beck What Happens When Merging Accounts? Google Duplicates & Merges 3
Chaddow Strange things happening with review responses around the world Google My Business & Google Maps 13
obcted Sudden Steep Drop + Strange Happenings Local Search 9
J Ranking Puzzle: What Happened Here? Ranking Puzzles 26
JoyHawkins Ranking Puzzle: What Happened Here? Ranking Puzzles 26
Linda Buquet A Horror Story: Check Your Google Local Listings - Don't Let This Happen to You Spam on Google 16
Linda Buquet The 28th Google+ Local Page Removals Happened on 27th? Good News Though Google My Business & Google Maps 6
R New business name, new domain, same local listing. What do you think will happen? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
travelincat Why is this happening and is it fair? Local Search 14
D What happens when a business moves and puts up a new URL Local Reviews 2
Amber Robinson I reported a Spammy Pigeon listing and this is what happened Google My Business & Google Maps 6
RobinOctane How Did this Happen? Suddenly Flooded With Bad Listings Local Search 3
Amber Robinson Express Update - Has this happened to you? Citations 4
Linda Buquet When you Cancel Yext PowerListings What Happens to Citations? Citations 2
R Service business that got deleted from Places? Here's what happens Help & Support for Google Local 6
Linda Buquet SMB Warning: Check your Google+ Local Page - Don't Let This Happen to You! Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Travis Van Slooten "Fake" Addresses for Google Places Listings - What's The Worse That Could Happen? Local Search 13
Colan Nielsen InfoUsa - Odd Thing Happening Citations 13