More threads by Ray Litvak

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have an image related question that I hope to clarify.

One of my clients used an image from Google's image search assuming it was 'free' (qualified as a public domain image) to use for a blog post.

Soon after, they received a notice from a site called pixsy, requesting payment for using a licensed image with a copyright ©️

That just received a 2nd message from pixsy warning legal action if payment of $1,000.00 is not forthcoming.

Has anyone or their clients heard of this company or had this experience? How seriously should this be taken?

Thank you in advance for those that respond.
Regards,
-Ray​

This can be serious if the image is under copyright. If you can't confirm the image is legal to use, I would simply take the image down, and any other images that the client may not have the rights to use, to avoid any legal action. I have never heard of pixsy, but from a quick Google search it does seem like a legit company, so I wouldn't take any changes with copyright violations.

This can be serious if the image is under copyright. If you can't confirm the image is legal to use, I would simply take the image down, and any other images that the client may not have the rights to use, to avoid any legal action. I have never heard of pixsy, but from a quick Google search it does seem like a legit company, so I wouldn't take any changes with copyright violations.

Thank you, Elizabeth!
-Ray

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU - Sold Out

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom