More threads by Greg Bernhardt

Reaction score
My organization is having issues with listings being suspended for "suspicious activity" at an alarming rate. Completely legitimate changes to the listing now feels like an automatic suspension. Has there been a change in how sensitive the flagging is? 100% of our listings get reinstated within 24hrs with the changes keeping. It's really harming our relationship with our clients. We read the guidelines over and over. Sometimes it's even with a brand new client. We go in, correct their name or categories and bam, suspended. Reinstated within 24hrs.

How is this a good system? What can we do to avoid this? We live in fear that any change will suspend the listings. Thanks!

Last edited:
The increase in sensitivity is usually due to the category associated with the listing. What categories are you suspended clients in?

This is also what is considered a manual review and is a measure to preserve the integrity of GMB data, also is a big spam fighting measure that has been put forward by GMB. The good news is like you said, they get reinstated quickly.

We warn our clients that there is a possibility of a suspension, so they are aware and can tell us to not make changes.

If you want to open a thread on the community with dashboard URL examples and what edits caused the suspensions along with case IDs showing the reinstatement, I can pass this to the GMB team for review. PM me the thread.

The increase in sensitivity is usually due to the category associated with the listing. What categories are you suspended clients in?
Thanks Ben! The business's are wide ranging, from law firms, to energy, to music stores. I see your article in your signature, bookmarking that! Looking forward to any update to that article, thanks!

Twice now we've been asked to re-verify locations and we put the code in and are immediately suspended again. WTF is going on with GMB?

If you want to open a thread on the community with dashboard URL examples and what edits caused the suspensions along with case IDs showing the reinstatement, I can pass this to the GMB team for review. PM me the thread.

@Ben, let's say my organization account has been shadow flagged for higher sensitivity. What will end it? Do we not update sensitive areas? Not update as often? Or say f-it and just work with reinstatements every time and hope we don't get a hard suspension some time.

Unfortunately you may just have to deal with the suspensions. Or, open a thread on the community and we can escalate it for review.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom