More threads by brettmandoes

brettmandoes

Reaction score
Good morning everyone!

One of my multi-location clients had five of their addresses flagged. What's interesting is that we didn't get an email, and we didn't get a notice in the main dashboard. I was troubleshooting another problem and saw the address had turned red in the info section. It came with a little warning saying it was an invalid business address.

Upon investigation I discovered that my client had used a storage unit for one of those locations. The other locations were fine, and I'm working to address that little discrepancy. Anyway, my client added the state field in for one of the locations and it made the error message go away. Now, none of the locations are marked as invalid. I'm not sure what the underlying issue was, whether G detected that he was using a storage facility as his business location and flagged it, or if there was a bug that deleted our state abbreviation for a few locations.

Any thoughts?

Hi There!

I have come across this issue before!

In my experience the issues had been incorrect information in the profile. I have had several cases where clients wanted to use the neighborhood name instead of the correct city name or provided an incorrect zip code, things like that.

What we do is go into the address field and hit the Clear Address button, instead of just editing the existing information, and then reload the correct information. This has been successful for my team.

The using a storage facility for the business address may bring a whole different set of issues though.
As it sounds like this may be against GMB guidelines, in particular the second bullet point below:

Ineligible businesses
The following businesses are not eligible for a business listing:
  • Rental or for-sale properties such as vacation homes, model homes, or vacant apartments. Sales or leasing offices, however, are eligible for verification.
  • An ongoing service, class, or meeting at a location that you don't own or have the authority to represent.
  • Lead generation agents or companies.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom