More threads by Emmanuel

Reaction score
I am wondering if having multiple googol places for the same business but that is never claimed is considered a dupe.

They are dupes. They may not get you suspended or disable your main listing if they aren't claimed but they still will usually mess up your rankings.

I am wondering if having multiple googol places for the same business but that is never claimed is considered a dupe.

Do you have specific examples that you were curious about? It's always fun to analyze dupes :)

How about this man?

When you search the below phone # at google map you'll see 19 listing having the same phone.
610-374-2103

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I deal with it via expressupdate.com and successfully removed those dupes, will google also delete those dupes that they scraped from that site?

Not automatically. But it will prevent that data from being distributed to Google in the future. You will still need to contact Google support to get rid of the dupes.

If I deal with it via expressupdate.com and successfully removed those dupes, will google also delete those dupes that they scraped from that site?

What Colan said is also true of other data-aggregators and sources Google trusts; first fix the source of the problem, then fix the problem. (That means, of course, that you don't want to limit your hunt to ExpressUpdate.com.)

Thanks Phil for the additional information.

Thank you all who replied. I appreciate all you guys input. I love this forum everyone is eager to help.

Phil,
If there is another google places with different address and phone, but has the same web address like another places. Will having the same web address mess with the ranking of another google places thats shares just the same websites?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom