More threads by Professor M

Professor M

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi All

I came across this article:

Global Payments forms partnership with Google

In the article :

Global Payments and Google will collaborate on product development and innovation to further enhance and differentiate the suite of cloud-based solutions available to merchant customers on Google Cloud. This builds on Global Payments’ competitive advantages as a leading payments technology company globally. As an example of this co-innovation work together, Google’s public APIs (Google Workspace, Google My Business, Google Ads) and other technologies will be integrated with Global Payments’ leading software and payments ecosystem, delivering the full spectrum of solutions that merchants need to run and grow their businesses.

Is this the sign Google will add payment processing capabilities to GMB listings and Site?

I always believed adding payment capabilities to GMB is a logical step after acquiring Pointy and creating a Google Merchant connection with GMB. And not forgetting the Order.app and booking integration.

It looks that way. I don't know for certain, but I imagine this has been on their radar for a while. Especially with the movement towards more hybrid brick and mortar/ecommerce business models that are emerging.

It looks that way. I don't know for certain, but I imagine this has been on their radar for a while. Especially with the movement towards more hybrid brick and mortar/ecommerce business models that are emerging.
I agree.

Google vs Amazon competition is going up a notch... who will remember eBay...

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom