More threads by mikepcservice

Reaction score
Guys, for a new domain for local SEO service, is it worthwhile to purchase backlinks which is under 30 DA?

Solution
Guys, for a new domain for local SEO service, is it worthwhile to purchase backlinks which is under 30 DA?

I completely agree with the comments on DA. If you are really going to focus on authority then the goal is to get relevant non-spammy backlinks from higher authority domains. If your website is DA 10 then getting backlinks from DA 20- DA 30 should help your site but as said before what matters is topical relevancy, anchor text, and traffic potential. If your website is considered DA 50 then purchasing lower authority backlinks doesn't really make sense unless you are looking to grow and diversify the number of websites linking to yours ( and even then I'm not sure it's ever justified to "pay" for these types of links)...

For starters, Domain Authority is not a thing. It's Moz trying to replicate Google's Page Rank score. I never buy links. The real question is, will the links bring referral traffic, and are they relevant to my industry? Google has gotten much better at ignoring low-quality links.

All the latest research I have done seems to point to building a site's authority and is important to get links from high DA sites. I have seen some link building sites like Brightlocal advertising site-relevant linking so would that work to 'quickly' help with rankings?

I completely agree with the comments on DA. If you are really going to focus on authority then the goal is to get relevant non-spammy backlinks from higher authority domains. If your website is DA 10 then getting backlinks from DA 20- DA 30 should help your site but as said before what matters is topical relevancy, anchor text, and traffic potential. If your website is considered DA 50 then purchasing lower authority backlinks doesn't really make sense unless you are looking to grow and diversify the number of websites linking to yours ( and even then I'm not sure it's ever justified to "pay" for these types of links).
For a local SEO company Id focus on acquiring relevant backlinks from industry partners/thought leaders, backlinks from successful projects and case studies, and then Id focus on a nice mix of local backlinks from sources like chambers and local organizations.

Solution
As indicated above, DA is just a rough tool made by Moz to try and estimate how likely a site is to rank. It's not at all something Google uses.

If you are motivated to purchase backlinks, working with someone who does outreach is probably the best as it makes them as natural as possible (i.e. not part of a public blog network). Factors that are probably more important are traffic to the site and a not being a crap spammy site.

You could also use a marketplace like No BS to avoid a "middleman" and see metrics for a site before getting a link from it.

As indicated above, DA is just a rough tool made by Moz to try and estimate how likely a site is to rank. It's not at all something Google uses.

If that is the case [and not doubting you], I have to ask why do some places charge $400+ for one link from DA's?

If that is the case [and not doubting you], I have to ask why do some places charge $400+ for one link from DA's?

Why do people buy knockoffs? It’s perceived value and not real value. A lot of people that sell links based off DA, usually sell links that Google ignores. Check their traffic in Semrush. Do they rank for important and relevant keywords? Will that link bring your referral traffic? Those are the questions I always ask and look for when assessing if I want a link from somewhere. I think of building my brand or the brands I work with.

The terms DA & PA are introduced by MOZ, similar to AHREFS have DR. But Google only has E.E.A.T as we all know.
So it will not improve the overall ranking of your keywords if you are just getting a backlink after seeing high DA websites.
Instead, always try to get backlinks from relevant websites.

Important Points To Consider In My Opinion
  1. Relevancy
  2. Website Traffic
  3. Make sure that website is not a kind of PBN Network (Private Blog Network)
  4. They are not only selling backlinks
  5. Not a micro niche website that has no connection with your niche at all. (For those only who do not want to compromise on small things also)
I'm sorry for my English😁, & I hope you got my point.

I don't think it's necessary to purchase a backlink for a DA 30. I'd focus on what adilbalti suggests - traffic is a good indication that a site offers a worthwhile backlink opportunity. You can get a high-traffic and high-authority site without paying an arm and a leg. Here's a good option https://localist.co.nz/. Big traffic, easy to submit your website, high authority - everything you need in a quality backlink.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom