Reaction score
This might sound like a silly question, but if i find a prospect with a google+local page but it is not verified or merged with a business page, is there a benefit to offering the service to a potential client? In other words would they see a benefit if you went through the process for them?

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
I would say the answer is a definite yes. Top benefits include:

1. Ability to post more content to the page (more photos, videos, links..etc)
  2. You can blow out a longer business description, and include hyperlinks in it.
  3. Allows for a business to leave a review for another business.
  4. You can drive more traffic to the page if you can figure out how to utilize the circles.

Google is still recommending that users wait for the new Google Places Dashboard before upgrading, however.

Reaction score
Colan,

Are they doing away with the G+ Business Page and just going with G+ Local Page?

I'm easily confused LOL.

Thanks,
MIke

I would say the answer is a definite yes. Top benefits include:

1. Ability to post more content to the page (more photos, videos, links..etc)
  2. You can blow out a longer business description, and include hyperlinks in it.
  3. Allows for a business to leave a review for another business.
  4. You can drive more traffic to the page if you can figure out how to utilize the circles.

Google is still recommending that users wait for the new Google Places Dashboard before upgrading, however.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Kevin Marshall Does Using Fetch As Google and Requesting Indexing Have Any SEO Benefits? Local Search 7
Mike Wilton Additional Details: Have You Ever Seen Anything Like This? Is there a benefit? Google Local 101 2
Tony Wang Benefit to removing hours? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
djbaxter Page load speed a ranking factor in mobile search: Benefits Mobile & Social 1
elwalker Benefit of Matching Target Search Term for GMB on Key Website Page Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Nathan Schoell Does linking YouTube channel with GMB listing benefit SEO? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Mark Warner Any Benefit to Being Listed on Custom Maps? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Ajay Prasad Yelpers can find out how many people are viewing and benefiting from their reviews! Local Reviews 2
djbaxter Did Last Week's Google Update Benefit News & Magazine Web Sites? Organic SEO 1
W Hidden benefit of seasonal GBV tours Google Business View 1
W Hidden benefit of seasonal GBV tours Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Margaret Ornsby Webinar: Uncovering the Benefits of Local Search Marketing Local Search 2
D Benefits of a SAB with a visible address? Service Area Businesses 6
dorothea Benefits of a SAB with a visible address? Service Area Businesses 6
Lloyd Silver What benefits does a business get from Google Plus other than the local pack Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Dustybones Benefits and Pittfalls of Testing Your Landing Pages Local Search 0
Linda Buquet The Incredible Search Benefits of Schema Local Search 7
ColoradoChris Any benefits from adding keywords to custom Google url? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Linda Buquet Google+ Local MERGE or Wait? + Benefits of Verifying Google+ Business Page Google My Business & Google Maps 13
R Any Benefit from Link Building to Google+ Local Pages and/or Google Maps URLs Local Search 9
D A client has 3 verified GMB's across 2 states,with service pages for each location. Should service pages have only their respective locations address? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
rich_marlatt Do the number of backlinks from a domain have any impact on local SEO? Local Search 2
Jen Currier Is there any advantage, besides a single sign in, to having all clients connected to our GMB account? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
abbiebeltran Google Reviews Now Have 'Service-Testimonial-Tags' at the Top Local Reviews 1
L Does selecting a service area for hidden address business have negative effects? Moving or Name Changes 1
buzzrank Home inspector business category not available in Canada, but local competitors have NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
C Changing website on GMB listing seems to have caused massive a loss of traffic :( Moving or Name Changes 1
ryannbull We have added a question to our client's Google My Business Q&A section and it keeps disappearing. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Help & Support for Google Local 4
S GMB logo and cover photo have vanished Google My Business & Google Maps 5
nathangdavidson Is having more than one GMB listing actually against Google guidelines? Spam on Google 9
NickB-Tampa Should a physician's assistant have their own GMB listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Nicole Basham Success Having Multiple GMB Offers Up Simultaneously? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
mihir23192 What could have caused the sudden jump in Number of Google Reviews? 50 to 3500 Help & Support for Google Local 2
lincolnchan Branded KW Getting Outranked By Competitor... but neither should have GMB All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
Steve Wiideman Does anyone have a Google My Business claiming best practice guide? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Rich Owings Is anyone having trouble adding users to GMB listings? All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 5
Rich Owings Is anyone having trouble adding users to GMB listings? Help & Support for Google Local 2
Eoghan_MFeed Does anybody have any idea how many users Apple Maps actually has? Local Search 0
CraigJMount 10-Minute Survey Request for People Who Have Hired SEO Agencies Local Search 1
Callmenicholi You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action. Contact Us Messages 2
spacetuna Do I have a NAP issue? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 9
brettmandoes Is anyone having trouble transferring listing ownership to a new account? Google Duplicates & Merges 1
FriarTuck00 Individual Practitioner Listings: Who Can & Who Can't Have One? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Ben Walsh Anyone have any experience with GMB briefcase? Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 5
Paul Lappage Do you need to have specific User permissions to update the Attributes? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
M GMB Virtual Care Link - Does the URL have to be on the website? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
bruce@brucejone Optimizing Images For GMB - Things Have Changed Google My Business & Google Maps 8
dave101 Anyone have Good Examples of a GMB listing with a good Q&A section? Google My Business & Google Maps 0
djbaxter Does John Mueller have a side gig? Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
M Review stars not showing up even though we have 40 reviews for GMB profile Google My Business & Google Maps 9