More threads by CWalsh

CWalsh

LocalU Member
Reaction score
Hey LocalU community,

My supervisor asked me if there is a search tool available (preferably free) that can generate search results for queries from different geos. He specifically wants to look for keywords in certain geos without adding geo-modifiers to the keywords to see how our clients websites are performing.

Example:
"Pizza" (from set location Brooklyn, NY) vs. "Pizza in Brooklyn, NY"

He usually uses the Google Keyword Planner but he said that he is seeing some discrepancies in search results when using the GKP search tool in Canada specifically (?). For more context, he physically is located in Florida and he is conducting keyword searches without the geo-modifiers to look for our clients websites. He claims that changing his location and searching without the geo-modifiers added (specifically in Canada) that our clients websites do not rank - but they do rank in the states without the geo-modifiers.

A) Does anybody have a free(mium) Canadian based search result tool they can recommend that tailors search results based on location?
B) Does anybody know why the search results would change for keywords without geo-modifiers? Specifically Canada?

Thanks in advance,
JP

This is my favorite tool for changing your search location and it's absolutely free. It's a Chrome extension.

Solution
A) Does anybody have a free(mium) Canadian based search result tool they can recommend that tailors search results based on location?
B) Does anybody know why the search results would change for keywords without geo-modifiers? Specifically Canada?

Thanks in advance,
JP

A) I usually use brightlocal's local search result checker for checking local search results.
B) Google's intent is to return the most relevant set of results to a search query.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom