More threads by dotgal

dotgal

Reaction score
My client wants to change the urls on their social media profiles to point to another 3rd profile url instead of their domain url. Is there SEO link juice associated with the url profiles?

There is no such thing as link juice. Changing the URLs can confuse Google and potentially hurt the organic and map pack rankings.

Typically social media external links are always no-follow. Even if you find they are do-follow, the likelihood they impact rankings of the domain is slim to none. You always want to think of the user experience when linking on social and choose the link based on if it adds value to your potential customers or not. 99% of the time I would recommend linking to the business domain over a third party, because you OWN the domain and you cannot own the third party page.

Typically social media external links are always no-follow. Even if you find they are do-follow, the likelihood they impact rankings of the domain is slim to none. You always want to think of the user experience when linking on social and choose the link based on if it adds value to your potential customers or not. 99% of the time I would recommend linking to the business domain over a third party, because you OWN the domain and you cannot own the third party page.

@ElizabethRule I agree with you. Sometimes I see a lot of push by 3rd party vendors to post their URLs which in effect would help the 3rd party website get more exposure.

My client wants to change the urls on their social media profiles to point to another 3rd profile url instead of their domain url. Is there SEO link juice associated with the url profiles?

Maybe not "link juice" but if I have done this before. You can ping back to your website using social media platforms. However, you must have an overall strategy that allows those links to naturally link back to your website.
Otherwise, you are just using one tactic.
It helps is to build definition pages for your industry so you can generate backlinks back to your website.
You can also share your content on other social media platforms to raise the Organic Search Ranking of your website.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom