Vivek

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I work with Starwood Hotels and have the task of ensuring that all of our hotels and restaurants are featured on Google Maps. I have managed to solve most of the GMB problems I've had so far thanks to this forum but this one has stumped me and I can't find an answer in a previous thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My problem: Our strategy is to not add all hotel bars and restaurants, just the ones that are well-known and relatively popular with non-guests. Unfortunately, when I add hotel restaurants to the map they start to interfere with the hotel listing in brand searches in organic search.

For example the W Hotel in Bali used to display correctly when users search for "w bali". Now when users search the map listing does not show, up as the 3 restaurants that are within the hotel have their own listings which are showing up instead of the hotel listing. In some cases no GMB listings appear and a knowledge graph with just wikipedia text data appears.

Also, i noticed that one of the restaurants named "FIRE" has a knowledge graph field that states "Located in:" (Screenshot attached/below)
How does one go about adding the "Located in" field, or what are the measures I have to take to help Google recognize the fact that the entity is located within another entity.

W Bali - Fire Knowledge Graph.jpg

In total for this property there is one hotel listing (W Retreat & Spa Bali) and 3 restaurant and bar listings (FIRE, Woobar and Starfish Bloo). 2 of the restaurants have the "Located In:" knowledge graph fields, one of them (Starfish Bloo) doesn't. The one that doesn't is not Owned by the same account that owns the hotel's GMB which could be the reason why the other 2 have the "Located In:" and that one doesn't.

W Bali: https://plus.google.com/b/106975508886349960701/106975508886349960701/posts?hl=en
Woobar: https://plus.google.com/b/110854987238810985570/110854987238810985570/about?hl=en
StarfishBloo: https://plus.google.com/b/116152384141157758817/116152384141157758817/about?hl=en
FIRE: https://plus.google.com/113635491158753196425/about?hl=en

I have tried removing the hotel name from the bar's and restaurant's address fields in GMB but that did not seem to work.

I would be grateful to hear from anyone that has succeeded after experiencing similar problems and facing similar challenges.

Thanks,

Viv

W Bali - Fire Knowledge Graph.jpg

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Laura Duncan GMB Cover Photo UX Issue - Maps Search Box Overlays Main Photo Content Google My Business & Google Maps 4
NickB-Tampa Issues with transferring GMB listings Google My Business & Google Maps 2
J Advice Needed - GMB Listing Visibility Issues Help & Support for Google Local 7
S GMB Bulk Upload issue - Offers Multi-Location Issues 0
Colan Nielsen [New GMB Bug] Profile Short Name Issue with "Reviews" URL Local Reviews 1
rayrober Google Ads location extensions causing GMB issues Local Search 2
M Two issues with GMB - Please advise Google My Business & Google Maps 19
Henry LocalClarity Issues with GMB Reviews pub/sub notices Multi-Location Issues 4
sixthcitysarah Any way to escalate GMB issues (pending verified listing, adding owners, etc.)??? Help & Support for Google Local 6
JoyHawkins Issue with Schools Not Being Able to Get New Reviews on GMB Google News: Important Changes & Features 5
C GMB Bulk Upload Problem - Anyone else with the same issue? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Dan Foland GMB "Pending Review" Issue Resolved? Google My Business & Google Maps 31
B GMB Verification Issue (Dr. Edward Jacobson, MD - Beverley Hills) Google My Business & Google Maps 3
JoyHawkins Known Technical Issue Impacting GMB Photos Google My Business & Google Maps 24
N New Client...Strange GMB Issue Service Area Businesses 5
S GMB Primary Category Issue Help & Support for Google Local 2
Nikki Stine Client GMB suspended due to quality issues - no idea why (??) Help & Support for Google Local 8
HangTenSEO Google+ GMB Youtube Issue Managing Accounts Google My Business & Google Maps 1
J GMB Issue (Circular Attribute Updates) Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Durandl GMB issues for international train company Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Durandl GMB issues for international train company Google My Business & Google Maps 2
M GMB Verification Issues Google My Business & Google Maps 4
W Located in issues NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
JamesGreenaway Map pin showing competitor and also direction issues Google My Business & Google Maps 3
E Issues with managing business pages on Facebook Citations 3
dateinadash Will changing https:// to https://www cause an issue with rankings? Organic SEO 3
dateinadash This location has been suspended due to quality issues - going round in circles! Please help? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
NevenaIvanova Brand Visibility Issue Caused by Building Entity Google My Business & Google Maps 2
J ISSUE: We are not accepting new registrations Contact Us Messages 1
djbaxter Warning issued to adta Warnings and Bans 0
A Google My Business Provider Program API Access İssues Recycle Bin 0
AndiFox GSC issues? (Flatliners) Local Search 2
djbaxter Warning issued to TraceyTaylorwnS Warnings and Bans 0
H Issues with downloading locations - bulk verified account Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter Warning issued to blanka_polkadot Warnings and Bans 0
C Issue on Mobile Forum Tech Support 1
A Big Issue with Google Map Rankings For Everyone Local Search 9
PKLilikoi "Redirect Notice" in Google causing Toxic Link issue in Tools Organic SEO 3
W Listing Claiming Issue Google Local 101 6
L Issues With Bulk Verification for Enterprise Organization Multi-Location Issues 1
djbaxter Warning issued to FatSniper Warnings and Bans 0
rossdunn Odd Issue with Practitioner Listing All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
JoyHawkins [Technical Issue] Don't Change the Address on Service Area Business Listings Google News: Important Changes & Features 5
melinaedealer Separate Department Listing Issues Multi-Location Issues 2
JillH Multiple Location Issue Local Search 3
STM Google My Business Duplicate Listing Removal and Dashboard Issue Google My Business & Google Maps 6
RattlingTram Issues with ranking clent's business CONSISTENTLY Help & Support for Google Local 2
djbaxter Warning issued to leave.review Warnings and Bans 0
djbaxter Warning issued to Alceo 1 Warnings and Bans 0
djbaxter Warning issued to Nick 11 Warnings and Bans 0