More threads by SydneyMarchuk

SydneyMarchuk

Reaction score
Hi! Looking for some help/advice regarding setting up integration between Pointy and GBP.

For weeks, I have been working to add SWIS products to a client's Google business profile.

From my understanding, we have done everything correctly — added the manufacturer/standard UPC/barcodes to each product, under a listed POS partner (Lightspeed/Vend).

In fact, 19 of the products are live on their Pointy page.
Pro Car Sound & Security _ Pointy (1).jpg

However, these products are still not published to their GBP.

image (4).png

It's my understanding that both Pointy and GBP need the same details to go live — manufacturer UPC barcodes. So, at the very least, I believe these 19 products should be live on their GBP as well.

My question is, why would they be live on Pointy and not the GBP? What could be "stopping" Pointy from linking the products to their profile?

Any advice, suggestions, or ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

PS: They have 36 active products in total. Since only 19 are live, I am wondering if my client has a few UPC errors. If so, could this affect the integration with GBP?

Solution
Hi! Yes, I have waited over a week (this is the timeline I was given by support). I have a separate Google account as a manager on their GBP and set everything up via that account.

I did that for my client. I set up the pointy integration using my Google account which has multiple locations. This caused a major issue with publishing products. I had them disconnect it and then connected using the customer's account and everything worked smoothly. For some reason, the pointy integration will connect all locations within your account and not just the one you are trying to connect.
Hi! Looking for some help/advice regarding setting up integration between Pointy and GBP.

For weeks, I have been working to add SWIS products to a client's Google business profile.

From my understanding, we have done everything correctly — added the manufacturer/standard UPC/barcodes to each product, under a listed POS partner (Lightspeed/Vend).

In fact, 19 of the products are live on their Pointy page.
Pro Car Sound & Security _ Pointy (1).jpg

However, these products are still not published to their GBP.

image (4).png

It's my understanding that both Pointy and GBP need the same details to go live — manufacturer UPC barcodes. So, at the very least, I believe these 19 products should be live on their GBP as well.

My question is, why would they be live on Pointy and not the GBP? What could be "stopping" Pointy from linking the products to their profile?

Any advice, suggestions, or ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

PS: They have 36 active products in total. Since only 19 are live, I am wondering if my client has a few UPC errors. If so, could this affect the integration with GBP?

There is always a delay. Have you waited 48 hours? Also when you connected the Pointy did you use your Google Profile or the client connected it? The client should connect it and then you can manage via Pointy account.

There is always a delay. Have you waited 48 hours? Also when you connected the Pointy did you use your Google Profile or the client connected it? The client should connect it and then you can manage via Pointy account.

Oh and I found that the Pointy customer service team is very responsive and helpful. Have you reached out to them?

Hi! Yes, I have waited over a week (this is the timeline I was given by support). I have a separate Google account as a manager on their GBP and set everything up via that account.

I did that for my client. I set up the pointy integration using my Google account which has multiple locations. This caused a major issue with publishing products. I had them disconnect it and then connected using the customer's account and everything worked smoothly. For some reason, the pointy integration will connect all locations within your account and not just the one you are trying to connect.

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom